Aluminum SBC exhaust >

Aluminum SBC exhaust

Notices

Aluminum SBC exhaust

Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
cool!.....did they test any other companies exhaust systems???
Not sure about that. Here is their website address.

http://www.c-techperformance.com/
Old 02-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a set of stainless marine manifolds and S/S risers on my 6.2 and I am very happy with the ease of install and weight savings. total weight of the SM 47lbs merc iron 130lbs, picked up about 100-125 rpm and maybe 1-1.5 mph, boat planned faster and handled all around better, Oh they sound GOOD Steve
Old 02-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by osur866
I just put a set of stainless marine manifolds and S/S risers on my 6.2 and I am very happy with the ease of install and weight savings. total weight of the SM 47lbs merc iron 130lbs, picked up about 100-125 rpm and maybe 1-1.5 mph, boat planned faster and handled all around better, Oh they sound GOOD Steve

osur866,
That is some good information. I am looking at Stainless Marine as well. I emailed them a couple days ago but haven't got a response yet. What year 6.2 and what kind of boat did you do the install?

My 292 has the Corsa Quick & Quite (non-switchable) which is basically a Y-pipe that flows exhaust through the transom and down through the prop. With the stainless steel risers, which are longer, would I then eliminate the Y-pipe? Anyone please chime in. How would this effect performance not running through the prop? Do I then need to plug the through prop exhaust route? The Revolution Marine manifold and riser would be a drop in and I can retain the Y-pipe as is. Thanks for any comments/advice!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Stainless Marine can build you any size risers that you need. I'm pretty sure their standard package is a direct replacement for stock merc/bravo but you should call them. When doing the custom tailpipes they send you the manifolds first, after bolting them up, you fill out a worksheet with your specific measurements and then they build your tailpipes.
I am very happy with mine, I only boat in salt water and they look as good as the day they arrived.
I was also impressed with how complete the kit came, all gaskets, stainless steel bolts, elbow hose, composite fittings (so you don't damage the powder coating in the threads), even a tube of rtv for the connection between the manifold and riser.

http://www.stainlessmarine.com/myProducts.CFM?CFID=4866511&CFTOKEN=70334842&paren tcategoryid=43%7CSB%20Manifold%20KITS&productID=19 &showDetail=1&categoryID=43|SB%20Manifold%20KITS&v endoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Registered

4mulafastech - I have a 2006 Donzi classic 18 with Q&Q plus and yes direct bolt on, took more time getting the old iron off than actually putting on the SM. This of course was a single applaction and I saved 83 lbs so if ya have twins thats quite a bit. Just call them at Stainless Marine speak with Brownie he'll set ya up. There was a little plumbing that needs to be done but nothing hard, Oh did I mentioned they sound GOOD! I personally think the Stainless Marine manifolds and risers are top notch and you maybe suprized that they are not a whole lot more than others but thats JMO. Steve

Last edited by osur866; 02-20-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by osur866
4mulafastech - I have a 2006 Donzi classic 18 with Q&Q plus and yes direct bolt on, took more time getting the old iron off than actually putting on the SM. This of course was a single applaction and I saved 83 lbs so if ya have twins thats quite a bit. Just call them at Stainless Marine speak with Brownie he'll set ya up. There was a little plumbing that needs to be done but nothing hard, Oh did I mentioned they sound GOOD! I personally think the Stainless Marine manifolds and risers are top notch and you maybe suprized that they are not a whole lot more than others but thats JMO. Steve
Thanks Dave and Steve, I will give them a call!
Old 02-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

I see that a lot of theese companies who are offering "mid level performance" exhuast have notes that they are only to be used with stock cams. Most seem to be setup with stock style risers.

Are the riser designs the culprit for reversion issues?

Could I go with a "mid level" manifold with a stainless tubular riser and still be safe with a bigger cam, or am I way off base here?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

Anyone have experience with EMI Thunder?

http://www.eddiemarine.com/products/emi_thunder.php#

or

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=13068&c=63
Old 02-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Looking for some lightweight SBC exhaust that will not break the bank and still perform good with 420ish hp.

ANy suggestions?
Do you know what your camshaft specification are? This would greatly aid in getting a better handle on your reversion concerns.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rhsj2006
Good Exhaust Systems, no complaints from customers who have ordered thru us. We have good prices also!
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price

Quick Reply: Aluminum SBC exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.