Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out these heads what do you think

On Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...227328472&rd=1
Old 03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Pro Comp big block heads are about the only decent chevy head that I have seen from them. They outflow the edelbrock RPM's and are a decent casting. They are made in China though, and I have no idea about the quality of the aluminum. I have also heard some sets are great some are bad.. I've made a little over 600hp with them on a mild 540 but only because the customer supplied them, otherwise I wouldn't gamble with quality just to save a couple bucks.

I guess that's a long winded way to say they make good power for the money, but you usually get what they pay for. And they are definitely made in CHINA eventhough they have been marketed as Australian..

Might want to check with Bill at Ateco I know he has used some..
Old 03-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 1,306 Likes on 636 Posts

The BBC heads respond well to good porting. but they flow a little less than their out of the box #'s. buy bare castings and have your trusted head guy to set them up.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 PM
1CE
Registered

any 1-know the price bare of the BBC aluminum heads from WHITE-1 ? how about the stainless rockers ? any thoughts just in
Old 03-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's still no free lunch. Im comparison, you'll find that Chinese cylinder heads compare pretty equally to things like chinese tools, etc. Side by side to a quality product the differences are obvious.

The biggest problem with these heads is unit-to-unit consistency. I saw one set that didn't look bad and another that took enough machine work to get into operational shape that the person could have bought Edelbrocks.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Chris, you mentioned that you have a couple of irons in the fire regarding aluminum BBC heads. How soon and any guestimate of $$$. May 24th is my splash date.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

If you want to play you have to pay !!!!!!!!!! If not purchase a good paddle !!!!!!!!!!!! In the past I found it cheaper to buy the good stuff the first time around instead of the second.But that is just me. Bin there got the broken parts to prove it. Good luck!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

never heard of REV CL Series Valves until reading that article, i have thought about buying 2 sets bare in the past and have my machine shop guy finish them. guess the made in china makes me worry, i have heard these heads dont have a lot of material under the rocker stud.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had a couple sets in-hand and will hopefully have things finalized in a week or so. The heads I just ran did 100% of everything that the AFR 315's did at a substantially lower cost. These are made-in-USA pieces. I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by H2Xmark
never heard of REV CL Series Valves until reading that article, i have thought about buying 2 sets bare in the past and have my machine shop guy finish them. guess the made in china makes me worry, i have heard these heads dont have a lot of material under the rocker stud.
We have been using Rev valves in all our engines for 15 years and we have not had any problems at all. They are a great co. to deal with and custom make a size if you need one. Tyler

Quick Reply: Check out these heads what do you think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.