Notices

HP Increase Whipple

Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
holy crap
Holy crap is right!!!
I have the option of using any blower out there. I am a dealer for just about all of them. I have used all of them from a PSI to a roots to a Procharger. If I am building a new supercharged engine, it is getting a Whipple. The only time I use anything else is if it is an existing setup. I'm doing a Procharged engine right now, but only because the customer had the Procharger already. I don't have anything against the other blowers, most of them are great pieces. I just think the Whipple is the best all around blower. Like I said, I have my choice to use any of them, and I choose to run the Whipples.
Eddie
Old 04-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me ball park numbers for cost.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Give me ball park numbers for cost.
MSRP is roughly $5900. Then factor in a Holley 850, labor, etc. It's best to purchase from someone who can set you up with everything. Should also install fuel psi, vacuum/boost and water psi gauges.

Dustin
Old 04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am the guy that is getting Eddie's Procharged motor. He is taking my unsightly Black motor and making it into a work of art. I am looking forward to the results. He has done a masterful job of taking some things I already had, saving me some cash and building me some big power. Before I started in on this I thought about scrapping my stuff and starting over with a Whipple. From a cost standpoint and from the standpoint that Eddie is able to build a cool looking setup from what I provided, I am happy with my current route. It is also something I have wanted to do for a while so I like the idea.

That being said, if I was starting from the beginning I would probably go Whipple. They build one cool looking system and the initial cost difference is not all that much. As one that has been around blower motors for a few years, I would highly recommend getting someone like Eddie to set you up with everything you need. I did my first blower project before I did business with Eddie. I learned a bunch on my own and probably got dang lucky on a few occasions. Since I have started in on having a custom motor built, I have learned exponentially more. That does not mean that I don't think someone that is pretty mechanically inclined can not install a whipple kit. I have had friends that have done that type of project with good success and I applaud them. It is just not for everyone.

In the end I am a big fan of boost.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The only thing I didnt like about the Pro Charger is the fuel pressure,I would rather do a bypass system and do the right map for a constant fuel presure.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.