Prochargers on Merc 7.4MPI >

Prochargers on Merc 7.4MPI

Notices

Prochargers on Merc 7.4MPI

Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
Anyone have pics of a procharger setup on an MPI? I have the task of putting a box of parts together back onto a rebuilt motor...would help to have a little reference
What do you need pics of specifically? I'll see what I can get for you.
Eddie.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Eddie.
I need a picture of a wiring harness on my engine, can you help a brother out?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 550 Posts

Eddie.
the front of the engine....bracket assembly with procharger mounted......i was assembling this over the weekend....there may be some pieces missing....i have the stock merc brackets from the Alt and seawater pump mounted...need to know hwo the procharger brackets are put on and where those aluminum spacers go....sucks to have a basket full of parts and no instructions.....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm painting the engine now, so I will be putting the Procharger on in the next few days. I will be glad to post some pics when I install it. It may take a few days though.
Eddie.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

I'm painting the engine now, so I will be putting the Procharger on in the next few days. I will be glad to post some pics when I install it. It may take a few days though.
Eddie.
That would be great...i'm going back to work on this on Sat so i have all this week to figure it out...or spend 5x the time trying to figure it out on my own

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
That would be great...i'm going back to work on this on Sat so i have all this week to figure it out...or spend 5x the time trying to figure it out on my own
I'll take some tonite and post in the morning.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

thanks!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fabin61
Has anybody done this or have any pros/cons doing this to these engines. I am looking at a 32' Baja that has 7.4 Merc's I would like to get up 75-80mph range. Would this do it or should I look for another boat with 500's or 454's with Chargers?
I can say with 100% confidence that you should stay away from supercharging this engine. I've tried to supercharge these engines twice, and both times, it's been a disasater. I've been SC'ing and calibrating engines for awhile, but I will not touch one of these again, thats why we don't offer a kit. The last one, burned a hole in 1 piston, at 2" of vacuum!! Never got into boost. Extremely sensitive to timing, the cylinder head has a very sharp point, directly in the center, once this gets too hot, piston go bye bye.

Dustin
Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have pics of a procharger setup on an MPI? I have the task of putting a box of parts together back onto a rebuilt motor...would help to have a little reference
I have a packing list for parts that should be included in a new kit and also installation/owners manual for 7.4l mpi. I could fax it to you. Pm me or call me if this would help ya. 815-509-3373

Eyeburn
Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
I'll take some tonite and post in the morning.
here's some
Attached Thumbnails Prochargers on Merc 7.4MPI-hpim0240.jpg   Prochargers on Merc 7.4MPI-hpim0241.jpg   Prochargers on Merc 7.4MPI-hpim0242.jpg  

Quick Reply: Prochargers on Merc 7.4MPI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.