Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
EFI to carb.... again >

EFI to carb.... again

Notices

EFI to carb.... again

Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

On a proven setup like that, we are almost certain to get it right on the first try. There are quite a few of us who have done that setup many times on a stock motor. Modified engines take a little more work and should be done on a dyno to get the best tune possible. We have a program for the stockers and just need to dump it in and go.
The biggest benefit of the efi is safety. With knock protection, you have a huge safety margin that becomes much more crucial in boosted applications. Although the carb is simplier, it gives up that protection. That could mean the difference of beating the bearings out of the bottom end or not, should you get some cheap fuel. Also, you just get a better overall engine. You have basically unlimited tunability, allowing you to tune it to the nth degree.
Eddie
Old 04-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I definitely appreciate the help Eddie. You'll be the one I call for this if it works out this way.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by niceguy
Well I definitely appreciate the help Eddie. You'll be the one I call for this if it works out this way.
My pleasure. Give me a shout if you have any further questions.
Eddie
Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Another option is get the Prochargers and convert to blow a blow thru set-up...that is if you wanted to go carbed. I know you know Mustang Billy he can set you straight on a blow thru setup. Also I have a buddy here that is a Procharger dealer.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

Rock on..... I think I've met Billy before. Nice guy.

The shop that sponsored my car is a procharger dealer and can get me some awesome deals. But it would still be around 9k whereas the 250 blowers with carbs and everything for around 5.5k.

But in all honesty, if I get a boat that has efi, I'll use the prochargers. Carbs and I'll do the blowers.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Registered

Speaking of your car...You made any more hits? If that thing doesn't sell before May you need to come to St. Louis for WSC1.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Havent made anymore hits yet. Might have a buyer this weekend, but still not sure. If not, I'll be running it the next few weeks here at Baytown.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watcha runnin?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Its an Outlaw 10.5 Mustang. Single turbo alcohol efi. Havent been making any hits cause I am trying to sell it, but the market for expensive race cars isnt so good right now. So I'll be taking it out in a few weeks to make a few more shakedown runs.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! We were running outlaw 10.5 in an '81 Malibu. Were you in Vegas in November?

Quick Reply: EFI to carb.... again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.