vortech SC on a 500 EFI

Notices

vortech SC on a 500 EFI

Old 05-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vortech SC on a 500 EFI

I had a set of 500 EFI's that I wanted more power. Decided on Vortech SC and WOW!. Had someone professionally install the system and it is amazing at the difference in power. We also installed a new cam similar to a Crane 741.

I went from a 30" Bravo at 5300 to a 32" maximus at 5650 with throttle left. I am having some boat handling issues but that will get worked out. I went from 84-98(so far) with throttle left. This boat has the power for and honest 105.

It was a little difficult to get the fuel curves remapped but if someone knows what they are doing then this upgrade is awesome!
Attached Thumbnails vortech SC on a 500 EFI-vortech1.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gofastlvr,
I saw your engines on the stand at Eric's, and they look great.
I had a Procharger, and have seen plenty of them, but hadn't seen a Vortec system 1st hand until recently (your's and Bubba's).
I really like the nice polished castings Vortec uses. Their stuff looks well engineered, and seems to work very well.
BTW, feel free to give our friend Eric/EBM a plug, because he deserves it. Without Eric, most of us would be a lot slower or sitting on the dock of the bay like Otis Reddding.
Glad to hear you are running so well. Maybe we will see you out this weekend on OH or PP.
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on the setup and the results. You did the right thing by having them professionally setup. That is where so many folks go wrong.

I have a couple of friends running the Vortec systems and they really like them. I have always been told that they are easier on outdrives then Whipples but I really like the looks of the Whipple setup and we are having Mark Boos at Precision build two complete new engines for my boat right now which are 540' using the Whipple Stage II supercharger. I hope to see as good of results as you have seen.
Attached Thumbnails vortech SC on a 500 EFI-dcp01853.jpg   vortech SC on a 500 EFI-april-23-2008-1072.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
gofastlvr,
I saw your engines on the stand at Eric's, and they look great.
I had a Procharger, and have seen plenty of them, but hadn't seen a Vortec system 1st hand until recently (your's and Bubba's).
I really like the nice polished castings Vortec uses. Their stuff looks well engineered, and seems to work very well.
BTW, feel free to give our friend Eric/EBM a plug, because he deserves it. Without Eric, most of us would be a lot slower or sitting on the dock of the bay like Otis Reddding.
Glad to hear you are running s.o well. Maybe we will see you out this weekend on OH or PP.
Regards,
Steve
Thanks Steve,

Yeah I am going to give Eric several shameless plugs. He is absolutely first rate and as long as he will do it, nobody else is gonna touch my stuff. I saw Bubba today and he is very happy too. I can't wait to see yours too. I hear your's is a pretty nice piece too. I think I'm goin to Ky Lake down around Perryville with some of the Columbia Crowd. I will be back at PP the next week. E keeps after me about coming up to OH with you guys. I can't wait!!

See ya on the water