Throttle Adjustment

Notices

Throttle Adjustment

Old 06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noise Pollution
Larry , not sure if you mean me or not. If you are refering to the pic I posted, nothing has been cut. I made what you see in the pic.
Mike
Hi Mike, I thought that was a pic of bghert's set-up, I have the same looking bracket on mine, just with a longer tail and more holes, good job on the fabbing, it looks just like my eddie marine special, sorry about the mix up.
Larry
Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had to make an extension (Silver piece) to bring the cable out further on the linkage.
OK, I'm starting to catch up, you made the bracket that attaches to the carb throttle plate bracket, not the yellow cable bracket, correct? Is that a quick fuel 4500 carb?
Larry
Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
that piece you made ... was it to increase the throw? I have the same problem after going from stock carb to 4150 ...I only get about 75% of the sticks movement and not a positve stop .... its annoying as H ell !!!

Yes, The reason for the three holes. Adjustment. Some of the stock merc. setups have piece for the increase.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did my adjustments at the throttles/shifters with stops vs. at the carb. This gives you a positive stop with no pressure on the carb linkage. Also, I personally like the shorter throw.
Attached Thumbnails Throttle Adjustment-imgp0480.jpg  
Old 06-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hoozeyurdaddy
OK, I'm starting to catch up, you made the bracket that attaches to the carb throttle plate bracket, not the yellow cable bracket, correct? Is that a quick fuel 4500 carb?
Larry
Yes to the bracket. Carb is a 4150, custom built by Tim Zepp engines in New Jersey. Body is a Pro Form with anular boosters .Metering plates and throttle plate are billet.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Throttle Adjustment-dsc04475.jpg   Throttle Adjustment-dsc04480.jpg  
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Here is a pic of my current linkage. I do not see anymore room for adjustment and I am annoyed with being WOT with the stick half way.
Attached Thumbnails Throttle Adjustment-link.jpg  
Old 06-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bghert
Here is a pic of my current linkage. I do not see anymore room for adjustment and I am annoyed with being WOT with the stick half way.
I had the same problem. Look at the pic in post #6. Click on it to make it larger. You will see the the Alum. Piece I made and bolted it to the carb linkage to extend the cable out fruther. You need to move it about 3/4 of an inch. You'll have to play it a little. Not very hard.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

I had the same problem. Look at the pic in post #6. Click on it to make it larger. You will see the the Alum. Piece I made and bolted it to the carb linkage to extend the cable out fruther. You need to move it about 3/4 of an inch. You'll have to play it a little. Not very hard.
So if I am looking at it correctly the alluminum piece is bolted tot he original location of the throttle cable and simple extends the mounting location another 3/4". I am pretty sure I simple minded redneck like myself can figure it out. Did you have someone make that aluminum piece for you, it looks like it was machined.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
I did my adjustments at the throttles/shifters with stops vs. at the carb. This gives you a positive stop with no pressure on the carb linkage. Also, I personally like the shorter throw.
I would not mind having the shorter throw, but i have hardly any movement before I am WOT. It is very annoying when I am trying to cruise at 3000. Your setup looks killer though!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

I have the same problem after going from a Holley to a barry grant. WOT is at half. I get a ick out of the looks I get when I'm doing 70 and people see the throttle at only half

Quick Reply: Throttle Adjustment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.