Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie! >

Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Notices

Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Old 06-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Yeah that should give the XR a nice test.. Just out of curiosity what does your boat weigh ?

Around 6,500 lbs wet
Old 06-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats actually alittle heavier than I thought it would be..

Forgive any oversight on my part from any previous threads but what kind of performance #'s are you hoping for ?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Bill, glad you were there to see it make the hp. I have a few better pics I'll post.
I actually missed the mark a little on camshaft. I went a little on the big side. I expected the motor to only pull until about 5500, so we stopped data logging at 5700. It actually continued to make both boost and power up to 6200. My laptop was recording the pull with the MEFI software. The boost went up to about 9.5 psi, so power should have been north of 925 hp. It doesn't matter since we aren't going to turn it that high in the boat. Peak torque was a little high, but it was an extremely flat curve, so there again, not a big deal. The difference between peak torque at 4900 and torque at 4200 is less than 20 ft lbs. Again, to much cam. Learned a little on this one. I'll be ready for the next one.
Here are some before pics.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-540-procharger001-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-540-procharger-001-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-540-procharger-004-large-.jpg  

Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Registered

And after
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-540-procharger005-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-540-procharger007-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-540-procharger008-large-.jpg  

Old 06-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Registered

A few more
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-procharger540001-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-procharger540002-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-procharger540003-large-.jpg  

Old 06-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Registered

Last ones
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-procharger540004-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-procharger540007-large-.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-dyno-540001-large-.jpg  

Old 06-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill, I will trade you rides in the in the 38 for a ride in Donzi and Donzi jr. Congrats! I know you will enjoy the hell out of it. I hope you have as much fun as I have had and continue to have with the 750's Eddie built for me. You get what you pay for. I would have NEVER dreamed that I would have a set of motors that I could put 10 hrs a weekend on that make that kind of power and all I have to do is change oil. I had nothing but problems until Eddie started building motors for me and my friends. Erics 925's are the same way. 170 hrs and just had the first set of plugs put in them. All I know to tell you is to call and get the limit raised on your BP card....and get some xr gears....your gonna need em.

On another note, I did not realize what you already have for upper and lower on your drive. You are not that far away on the combo.....that is what I started with. Call me tomorrow and we will chat.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Hey Bill, glad you were there to see it make the hp. I have a few better pics I'll post.
I actually missed the mark a little on camshaft. I went a little on the big side. I expected the motor to only pull until about 5500, so we stopped data logging at 5700. It actually continued to make both boost and power up to 6200. My laptop was recording the pull with the MEFI software. The boost went up to about 9.5 psi, so power should have been north of 925 hp. It doesn't matter since we aren't going to turn it that high in the boat. Peak torque was a little high, but it was an extremely flat curve, so there again, not a big deal. The difference between peak torque at 4900 and torque at 4200 is less than 20 ft lbs. Again, to much cam. Learned a little on this one. I'll be ready for the next one.
Here are some before pics.
I actually saw 945 flash on the dyno screen. I am glad I happened along when things hit. That was a very cool experience for me.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Thats actually alittle heavier than I thought it would be..

Forgive any oversight on my part from any previous threads but what kind of performance #'s are you hoping for ?
It is a heavy boat. Does well in rough water for a boat its size. The hull is a twin step with a small keel pad.

Performance numbers? Who knows. I wanted a boat that will run along in the 70's and then step smartly to 85. It will do that extremely well. I have heard a number of different stories about the hull with big power. I heard it is good to go to 95. I read a post from a guy that said it was a handfull at 92 and I have heard that Donzi has taken the hull to 105 but it was out of control.

This engine has the power to take the boat to the high 90's.

My plan is to enjoy the boat. If I need more hull a few years down the road, I will keep the engine and try something else.

One thing is for sure, it will require some seat time and dialing in.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Bill, I will trade you rides in the in the 38 for a ride in Donzi and Donzi jr. Congrats! I know you will enjoy the hell out of it. I hope you have as much fun as I have had and continue to have with the 750's Eddie built for me. You get what you pay for. I would have NEVER dreamed that I would have a set of motors that I could put 10 hrs a weekend on that make that kind of power and all I have to do is change oil. I had nothing but problems until Eddie started building motors for me and my friends. Erics 925's are the same way. 170 hrs and just had the first set of plugs put in them. All I know to tell you is to call and get the limit raised on your BP card....and get some xr gears....your gonna need em.

On another note, I did not realize what you already have for upper and lower on your drive. You are not that far away on the combo.....that is what I started with. Call me tomorrow and we will chat.
I have heard that time and again about Eddie's motors. I have also heard that they made big power. I remember the first one of his motor I heard in person......the sound was unmistakeable!

I will give you a call today. Thanks

Quick Reply: Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.