wiped out flywheel teeth on "95" 540cu >

wiped out flywheel teeth on "95" 540cu

Notices

wiped out flywheel teeth on "95" 540cu

Old 03-01-2002, 02:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks to ALL for the great information! This site is a powerboaters best friend. I only hope that I can be this helpfull to someone in the future.
BULLDOG--YOU DA MAN!!!!
Again, a sincere thanks to all!!

PURPLE HAZE--- to the garage!
Old 03-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

Talking

JOB COMPLETE!! ALL WENT AS PLANNED (as long as the starter engages correctly after install!! 168 tooth 14" dia baked @ 450 for 20 min blended into 1 chilled fly wheel tastes great!! It took longer to get it hanging move the cooler and and get it apart.

THANKS TO ALL AGAIN
Old 03-02-2002, 04:27 PM
Registered

One thing I forgot to mention is some of the flywheels are cut to accept a ring gear on either side of the outside edge, depending on whether it's for a TRS(bell housing starter) or Bravo setup(block-mounted starter). Make sure you put the ring gear on the same side you removed the bad one from. Glad things went well. Dave
P.S. Make sure you didn't dirty up the wife's oven.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

Glad to hear all went well Trobled 26. I agree totally with you about this site and all the help I get. Its hard to learn this stuff if you don't know experts in the marine field. Your friendly mercury service center won't tell you anything cause they want your money. The people that take the time to help out are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 11:28 AM
Registered

So, what's the latest on the ring-gear job? Did the wife find out you used her oven (and freezer) for something other than food? Is the motor back in the boat?
Old 03-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Registered

All is well with the ring job. No problem with the wife (no wife)
Have BOAT easier to trade in and upgrade when worn out (sorry ladies)
Live ins can't tell me where to spend my $$ JUST KIDDING!!!!
As for the boat it is at the factory getting hull cracks repaired for the 5TH time. 18K in attorney fees and 4 years it is getting repaired correctly finally by an Independant contractor for Brunswick who is going to fix it the way they where supposed to in 97,98,99,2000. What should have and would have been a small problem has drug into a mess. To many pers changes at Baja and to many $$$$$$$ problems. I hope now that the big "B" is incharge they can get there act together. For the most part the make a real good product. But good luck if you got problems.

SO to end my long winded answer, the engine still out, boat gone, return date unknown, most likely part of another summer lost. Had plans to go to New Orleans for the Lake Ponchitrane(cant spell that) run first of May but knowing how things have gone in the past?? IF??? it is fixed correctly and I stress the IF, I have my doubts it will return in time to reinstall not just the engine but everything and I do mean everything from the rear of the boat, test and go. I'm getting use to it. But I'm still Hopefull!

I'VE GOT ABOUT A 3 PAGE THREAD IN HERE FROM OVER A YEAR AGO EXPLAINING THE MESS AND ASKING FOR HELP AND INFO.
But this is a new year and all will be right with the boating world again!