prop/engine/performance >

prop/engine/performance

Notices

prop/engine/performance

Old 07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

I brought the boat in to a mecanic for them to do a leak down test. They did a comp test and came up with different #'s then i did, and they said the motor had no problems and felt a leak down was unecessary. So maybe i just have one of those boats that isnt designed to go fast. Is it worth the money to upgrade the motor?heads/cam/carb/header? fuel injection? 'We are probably 1,000-1,500 above sea level does that hurt me? Here is what the hull look like except mine is a cuddy with a 502.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/236-r...spagenameZWDVW

Last edited by cass236; 07-11-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered

where are you at , i have a 23 pitch mirage plus you could borrow if your close
although , if your 1500ft elevation your probably on a lake somewhere far from me
elevation effects performance a little thinner air les oxygen , and a little more cause your running in fresh water , salt water is thicker and boats sit a little higher , less wet area = faster boat
i would lean towards 23 pitch prop , 1/4 tank and yourself = 60 mph , i'v never heard of the rinker hull being a very fast hull , but more of a comprimise between stable ride and speed
a last note , is the bottem painted or dirty ?
i ask cause i unfortunatly had to leave my boat in the water for a week and went from mid 60's to mid 40's on my performance , because growth on the bottem , i now have a project for saturday in pressure washing and waxing the bottem of the boat to get those 20mph back
Old 07-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
where are you at , i have a 23 pitch mirage plus you could borrow if your close
although , if your 1500ft elevation your probably on a lake somewhere far from me
elevation effects performance a little thinner air les oxygen , and a little more cause your running in fresh water , salt water is thicker and boats sit a little higher , less wet area = faster boat
i would lean towards 23 pitch prop , 1/4 tank and yourself = 60 mph , i'v never heard of the rinker hull being a very fast hull , but more of a comprimise between stable ride and speed
a last note , is the bottem painted or dirty ?
i ask cause i unfortunatly had to leave my boat in the water for a week and went from mid 60's to mid 40's on my performance , because growth on the bottem , i now have a project for saturday in pressure washing and waxing the bottem of the boat to get those 20mph back

20mph from growth? You must have some big barnacles on the bottom of your boat! I'm in MN, interested in selling it?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

i really dont want to cause its my back-up if i crash into something with the 25p thats on it , but if you post in the "wanted" section you'll find more then a few
also look at ebay , the come across every day , its probably the most widely used performance prop out there right now

oh yea , its not barnicles , its the scum growth that fouls up the bottem on mine
Old 07-12-2008, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cass236
I brought the boat in to a mecanic for them to do a leak down test. They did a comp test and came up with different #'s then i did, and they said the motor had no problems and felt a leak down was unecessary. So maybe i just have one of those boats that isnt designed to go fast. Is it worth the money to upgrade the motor?heads/cam/carb/header? fuel injection? 'We are probably 1,000-1,500 above sea level does that hurt me? Here is what the hull look like except mine is a cuddy with a 502.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/236-r...spagenameZWDVW
the normal figure is 2% per 1000 ft of altitude in HP loss,
I'm at 6000 ft alt and deal with it every day, I run my boat at 3700ft and suffer a 15 mph loss from 700ft, so to answer your question, yes, elevation hurts you.
Larry
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
ak
Registered

Default prop/engine performance

I have a labbed 23pt mirage that i will sell,had it on my baja until last year,works great ,built a 660hp motor over the winter and now this prop is useless to me,shoot me an email or call me 519 809 2800,my name is adam.