Couple ?'s after motor install >

Couple ?'s after motor install

Notices

Couple ?'s after motor install

Old 07-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple ?'s after motor install

So, I had my 454 mag carb completly rebuilt top to bottom, and got everything reinstalled, and a couple things are not working correct. First is the temp guage. I have no reading on the temp at all, and after searching here, there should be a sensor in the intake with a wire going to it for the guage? I dont see a sensor anywhere, just a couple of hole plugs in the intake, any other place to look? Second thing is the speedo is inop. It worked fine before the engine was pulled, but now I have no reading to it. Is there a pickup somewhere, or what should I be checking? And lastly, the steering is pretty tight, need two hands to crank the wheel. Checked fluid, which is good. Is there a place this can be lubed via a zerk fitting of some type? The boat sat for about a year in between useages, so Im guessing thats why the steering is tight? Thanks for the help in advance.