Blower for 502 EFI

Old 08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower for 502 EFI

Hi,

does anybody know if a side mont Blower like this one

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o25314-en.html

fit to a 1995 502 EFI (not MPI). Is there a big difference betwen EFI and MPI. Side mount is good because of no space over the Motor in my Scarab 28 Excel.
I´m locking for a few more hp but this offer seem´s not komplet ( have not talked with the seller till now)

How are the experiences with the side mount whipple system ?

Thanks

Hans
Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 PM
MS1
Registered

Mine works great. It's on a 2000 502 mag though. It looks like the kit is missing the auxiliary computer that comes with most Sidemounts but you can get a custom tune and larger injectors instead. Just remember a few more HP always adds up to a lot of $$$. Your Bravo One will beg for mercy.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Registered

Hi MS1

Excuse me i was out for a boating weekend,

Auxiliary Computer ?
I thought they normaly work with reprogammed original Merc ECU ? At the moment i have it reprogrammed by Tyler Crockett Marine Engins, (small EFI Upgrade, Aircleaner, Jacobs Ignition, Emi Thunder exhaust with ss riser, a little more fuelpresure and 1.8 Rollerrockerarms).
Do you know does it fit to the EFI Motor, i´ve heard the diference ist "just" the newer name MPI it should be the same engine?? What is the work off the auxiliary Computer normaly. When the system is complet are there injectors included ?
I hope i can stay with the Bravo, i drive not alway´s WOT I hope that i can rise the Cruise speed to around 50 mls with a larger prop. At the moment the RPM is at 4000 at 50 mls with a 26 Bravo. Same speed with 3500 Rpm would be great.
How much more power do you have with the Charger ?
An other thougt is a trade into a 29 Scarab, but it´s very dificoult to sell a Boat in this times so maybe i stay with the 28Scarab.

Thanks Hans
Old 08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
MS1
Registered

I think Whipple switched over to a reprogrammed ECU for the 2001 model year. Earlier versions recieved a piggy back ECU that operated a fuel pump along with 2 extra injectors that were built into the throttle body. I think the 2 extra injectors are still included with the newer versions but I'm not sure how the reprogrammed ECU handles the extra fuel pump and injectors. I don't think there is any difference between the MPI and EFI. Hopefully someone will chime in if there is. You should see an 11-14MPH gain with it depending on your hull.

Originally Posted by Scarab28Germany
Hi MS1

Excuse me i was out for a boating weekend,

Auxiliary Computer ?
I thought they normaly work with reprogammed original Merc ECU ? At the moment i have it reprogrammed by Tyler Crockett Marine Engins, (small EFI Upgrade, Aircleaner, Jacobs Ignition, Emi Thunder exhaust with ss riser, a little more fuelpresure and 1.8 Rollerrockerarms).
Do you know does it fit to the EFI Motor, i´ve heard the diference ist "just" the newer name MPI it should be the same engine?? What is the work off the auxiliary Computer normaly. When the system is complet are there injectors included ?
I hope i can stay with the Bravo, i drive not alway´s WOT I hope that i can rise the Cruise speed to around 50 mls with a larger prop. At the moment the RPM is at 4000 at 50 mls with a 26 Bravo. Same speed with 3500 Rpm would be great.
How much more power do you have with the Charger ?
An other thougt is a trade into a 29 Scarab, but it´s very dificoult to sell a Boat in this times so maybe i stay with the 28Scarab.

Thanks Hans
Old 08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered

Hi MS1

11-14 mls, that´s more than i thought about
This Kit is sold now but maybe i can find a other complet used Kit to built in over the Winter.

Thanks

Hans