Switchable muffler question >

Switchable muffler question

Notices

Switchable muffler question

Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
Can't beleave all four burnt out at the same time. I would check for a blown fuse first and then a loose wire.
Jeff I agree. All 4 could not go at the same time. I hear a clicking sound over the stereo thru the speakers so when I throw the switch something is happening. Just not geting to the Solenoids.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to post the fix for this to help any one else who has this issue. The Teague mufflers have a solenoid on each tip & then they are wired to another small automotive type of solenoid that looks just like the old ford starter solenoid in a car. When you throw the switch on the dash that triggers the automotive type of solenoid ( mine is mounted right on the transom inside the engine compartment & that is what controls all 4 tips on my boat). If that goes bad then all 4 tips don’t work & that was the problem. It is $25.00 for anew one from Teague & I am all fixed. So I am told that it is nearly impossible for more than 1 solenoid at the tips to go bad at the exact same time & if all don’t work all at once than this is the fix. Good luck & thanks for the help from you guys.
Dave