Notices

Teague Motors

Old 09-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
There are way too many well-known premium engine builders close to you. Why go cross country? And, in a midrange horsepower engine, there aren't any proprietary technologies. One is going to be built out of virtually identical parts as the other and assembled the same way.

Myself, I'd want a guy that can do the whole job. You can take the world's best engine and installed/rigged improperly is going to have issues. I also don't want to have warranty coverage excluded due to improper installation issues.

No knock on Teague- he builds good stuff. But for me, I see value in dealing with a guy who can supervise the whole job and see any issue I might have first-hand. Even if it's an day- long tow. It's better than removing and crating up an engine and freighting it to California.

Now, if you have a competemt HP rigger you're using, that's a different story. But they usually have relationships with good builders.

You've got Wesco by you, Gellner is a short drive to Cleveland and Eddie Young isn't much further. Teague is good, but he can't do anything better than any of these guys.
Not to mention Sterling in Michigan
Old 09-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did KE move to illinois?

Seems like their would be more local customers in florida.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec
Why did KE move to illinois?

Seems like their would be more local customers in florida.
He was bought out by Onken Racing, located in Easton, IL. In the future, look for the focus to be more geared towards product (parts) development and sales as opposed to just engine building. It is on their to do list to get a website up and running that reflects the new affiliation and direction. They did have a trailer at Captain Ron's at the Shootout which had "Eickert Racing Engines" or something along those lines and stated "A Division Of Onken Racing". I met him for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Nice, down to earth guy. The new shop was immaculate. You could eat off the floor.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Teague 900 in my boat with his transom and platinum drive. 1 year warranty (still under warranty until June 09). Who else offers that kind of warranty? The motor is flawless, a work of art, and has gobs of power. Teague is a solid guy with an excellent reputation.

I have no reservations about buying anything from Teague. Not to mention his customer service has been some of the best I've ever dealt with.

I needed riser gaskets for a jet boat, called Teague. They didn't have anything that would work. The parts guy called around, found them at CP Performance and called me back to tell me where they were and how much they were. Who else would do that for no money???????

I can't say enough good things about Teague Custom Marine.