Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO

Notices

Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO

Old 05-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Nice!

Hey Daytona,

Don't at all wanna rain on your show but be very observant of those batteries mounted like that.

Your boat is badd azzzzz!

A friend of mine at a local high-end car audio shop installed a bunch of Optima's mounted like that in exotic cars and they leaked!!!! Optima won't cover you if they damage your bilge.

He spent tons rebuilding the body panels of Lamborgini's, Porche's etc..

Just please keep an eye on her. Thing is beautiful!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I just found this thread. Awesome boat and rigging job

I would agree with SDFeverthough, be careful on mounting the batteries like that.

All in all, nice job!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered

Thanks for the compliments and concerns. Is there a better batery to mount on its side?. I dont want to add the clutter to the engine compartment.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 22 DAYTONA
Thanks for the compliments and concerns. Is there a better batery to mount on its side?. I dont want to add the clutter to the engine compartment.
None that I'm aware of. I hate to tear you on your installation. It's so nice.

But I don't want to see it all eaten up either with battery gel. Just keep your eye on it. Who knows, you may never have a problem but when I saw the floor boards eaten out of a 300K Ferrari I knew i'd never trust them. And there were 9 high end cars that I can remember that this happened to.

Keep in mind that as I'm crying wolf they may have solved the problem since... It's probably been at least 2+ years and they were yellow tops.

I'm a little pissed at you now though cause I have to go buy one of those carbon coolant tanks!! How much is that??

Last edited by SDFever; 05-12-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe you can place some kind of non-metal pan underneath the batteries. Match the look and you will hardly notice it.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
None that I'm aware of. I hate to tear you on your installation. It's so nice.

But I don't want to see it all eaten up either with battery gel. Just keep your eye on it. Who knows, you may never have a problem but when I saw the floor boards eaten out of a 300K Ferrari I knew i'd never trust them. And there were 9 high end cars that I can remember that this happened to.

Keep in mind that as I'm crying wolf they may have solved the problem since... It's probably been at least 2+ years and they were yellow tops.

I'm a little pissed at you now though cause I have to go buy one of those carbon coolant tanks!! How much is that??
I had some friends of mine dip it. It can be done with any color. Red for yours. it cost $225.00
Old 05-14-2009, 01:42 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 22 DAYTONA
As much as I'm sure you'd hate to clutter up the nice looking engine room, it would probably be a good idea to mount them upright. At the very least, I would call optima to see what they have to say.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

This is what they say on the web site. I tried to call them yesterday but they wont talk to me without a serial number.

More than 15x the vibration resistance
Completely spill-proof, mountable in many positions
Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Well she finally got wet yesterday. I borrowed a 30 pitch bravo prop from a buddy and headed to the lake. After a few light runs and checking everything out I let her eat. I ran out of prop at 90mph@5500rpm. The engine was not even trying. I will borrow his 32 tomorrow and see what it will do.
The new engine made a new boat out of the 22. It accelerates like a mad man and cruises along like a stocker. I will report back with the new numbers.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned
Gold Member

I have a custom 31P that might work perfect. Let me know!

[email protected]

Quick Reply: Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.