Jesel belt drive installation

Notices

Jesel belt drive installation

Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Vinny, don't take this the wrong way...I would just put a good chain back on, whatever happened before(hopefully was a fluke bad gear) and it will be cured, but if not the belt drive will fail as well, the smal amount of h/p the belt drive will give you probably not worth the aggrivation of thie pully deal....just my .02.....good luck, Rob
Rob,

I agree, my cam gear failure was most likely just a bad gear. I am confident that a new gear set and chain would fix the problem. I have always wanted to go with a belt drive, this just gave me an excuse to do it. Except for the hurting this set up puts on your wallet, I see no down sides. I cant see any reason that the whatever caused the cam gear to fail, will cause the belt to fail. I agree, the horsepower increase by adding a belt is negligable. It wont amount to anything. I solved the pulley problems. Going with the 575 pulley and 2 seperate 1/2" spacers. It aligns perfectly that way.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

Big M block , jesel belt drive and roller cam and your crying about 200 bucks for a pully ! To late in the game to get cheap now . Just keep spending !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool, glad you got it figured out without to much hassel or expense...keep us posted on how it works out....guess we are both about done for the season....Rob
Old 10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
Big M block , jesel belt drive and roller cam and your crying about 200 bucks for a pully ! To late in the game to get cheap now . Just keep spending !!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I am not crying. I am just trying to find the best solution to this problem. It seems as though the Merc pulley is.