Biggest HP on pump gas?

Notices

Biggest HP on pump gas?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the info on the valve covers! I am looking at them, when I get to that part, if money is available, I may just use them. I already have spring oilers in my rocker arms, so I shouldnt need that option.
My back is coming along. I am accetping drives, but only fiddling with them. Not really tearing into them. The operation fixed the problem, just have to let it heal! So, all is good with it. Tired of not being able to get done, what needs to be done, but I am patient!! Attemtping to get my motor to the machine shop for block work, that is the next step in that process..
So you dont need any drive work do you?? You shouldnt at this point.. !

I am watching this thread closely!! My hope is to get somewhere near the 1200hp they are talking here! Then see if I can build a drive that might live behind it for an acceptable amount of time. But that will be a big task.
Eddie, I took a look at your Skater 399 thread and I see cam specs are top secrect!! I'll have to do the best I can at guessing then.. LOL!
Thanks!
Dick

Last edited by Mr Gadgets; 11-03-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Eddie, nice work, and the pics are great. I have a question, not to change the subject, but how well do the valve covers work. I was told they leak for some people, ever have any complaints?

Next question, what Hydraulic roller cam did you take to 6600rpm?

Thanks!
Dick
Dick,
I have had just about every set I have used leak. The only ones that don't leak are the ones on a dry sump engine. If I have one that leaks, I just pull it off and reset it. Sometime they stop, sometime they still leak. I jsut keep resetting them until they stop. I like the covers but it can be a real pain. I am very careful putting them on to make sure the oring stays in place. I have used probably 50 sets of them, so I know how to install them. Still, some of them just leak. I had heard that when KE was making them, they had drain holes in the base to get the oil out from around the oring. There is a guy on boatfreaks who put up some pics of his. He milled the bases on a 45 deg angle so the oil would drain off. He said it stopped the leaking.
As far as the cam, all I will say is that it is BIG.
Eddie
Old 11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
I know of one builder who just made 1360hp @ 12.5psi of boost, 93 octane, pump gas, 604ci, no methanol, expecting 1450 with methanol injection. Whipples made 200+ hp more than 1471 with 2.5 less psi. Thats by far the most I've seen for a performance engine. Requires big chief style heads.
Not to be negitive on your whipple but running on a dyno and real conditions Im not seeing the speed differances that the horse power gains your talking about. Key board racing and dyno racing dont mean jack show me some GPS#S in a boat under real conditions not running for 2-3 minute pulls.
Dustin I want to believe so maybe a Magazine could test a MTI<SKATER or any brand with the same engines change blowers and lets see the outcome.
You know as well as I do that we can make the corrections on the dyno to make any# we want.
The builder your talking about could have turned that set up 7500 for all we know.

Peter tells me with a extra 400Hp I should see 15-20 mph can whipple standby those #s .
Very interested but 20K+ $ is a lot of fun money.
Thanks Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Not to be negitive on your whipple but running on a dyno and real conditions Im not seeing the speed differances that the horse power gains your talking about. Key board racing and dyno racing dont mean jack show me some GPS#S in a boat under real conditions not running for 2-3 minute pulls.
Dustin I want to believe so maybe a Magazine could test a MTI<SKATER or any brand with the same engines change blowers and lets see the outcome.
You know as well as I do that we can make the corrections on the dyno to make any# we want.
The builder your talking about could have turned that set up 7500 for all we know.

Peter tells me with a extra 400Hp I should see 15-20 mph can whipple standby those #s .
Thanks Keith
mmm 2-3 min pulls U mean 30 second pulls Kieth ..
And i agree 20K will buy alot of funn and help a bunch of single moms check your email sent the pics late last nite of heads and Cam hope tha 813 lift is BIG enuf LOL
Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]
"I had heard that when KE was making them, they had drain holes in the base to get the oil out from around the oring. There is a guy on boatfreaks who put up some pics of his. He milled the bases on a 45 deg angle so the oil would drain off. He said it stopped the leaking." [QUOTE]
So are you saying he oil collects in the bottom oring groove and then leaks out?

Thanks!
PS.. I will do a search for "Big" and see what specs come up!!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit

Thanks Keith
KEITH i like my whipples , I got new # on the way to key west,
Attached Thumbnails Biggest HP on pump gas?-keywesy1-048.jpg  
Old 11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pbam22
What kind of airplane do you have....??
Old 11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jdnca1
What kind of airplane do you have....??
a skater
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pbam22
Now thats funny BIG Daddy A.J. maybe you can catch up with SKATER Bro Nunez now

L@@ks like Brutha Kieth will have to turn up the B@@st a lil higher then 7 lbs this time LMAO
Attached Thumbnails Biggest HP on pump gas?-kellys-gps-pic.jpg  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 11-06-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:27 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Now thats funny BIG Daddy A.J. maybe you can catch up with SKATER Bro Nunez now
seriously

Quick Reply: Biggest HP on pump gas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.