Fuel hose to dash gauge??? >

Fuel hose to dash gauge???

Notices

Fuel hose to dash gauge???

Old 11-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel hose to dash gauge???

Does anyone know where or what type of hose I can use from the engine to the dash to measure fuel pressure. I was using 1/8 plastic hose but need something better.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 118 Posts

Alec,
I dont know about a marine application, but in most car racing sanctioning bodies, that is a big NO-NO. Autometer has a fuel pressure gauge with an isolator that mounts at the fuel pump/engine end of the line and then a line with a inert fluid in it that runs to the panel area. Only thing is I am not sure if they make one with a line that is long enough to run in a boat.

Not sure if anyone makes an electric one or not. I personally would not want a pressurized fuel line running up to the dash panel, especially a plastic one. Does the CG allow any thing like this at all ??
Old 11-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats just crazy !!!!!!!!!!!! Go out and buy a marine fuel pressure unit before you kill your self or some body else. That is just so wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

go electronic, no fuel under dash
Old 11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
go electronic, no fuel under dash

What he said! You would spend more on reliable stainless braided hose to get it to the dash than a new electric pressure gauge would cost. Even with the SS hose you still have the chance of a fitting leak....
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

Alec,,,,,,,,

wait untill JAN. - FEB. and i will have a new Gaffrig mech. fuelpress gauge with everything incl . for dashmount.

I will do the same thing in my raceboat ,because its the most accurate thing to have ,, mech. Fuel, Water and Oil press. !!

You can also call Mike or Marc from GAFFRIG Performance .
Old 11-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My gauge came with 1/4 " marine fuel hose to the gauge.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Registered

P-31
That's not crazy its just a question to get some right or wrong anwsers and get the most correct fuel pressur reading. Alot of boats have this set-up ,thats just stupid to say that your going to kill someone or yourself. Just think whats underneath your seat maybe a fuel tank ? What if the carb line starting leaking and hit's the coil ,and many other possible problems that can happen . I guess these are all Crazy things that can kill. I know they make electric sending units , But come on it's not cool to come off like that. Like I said it's just a simple question either good or bad. Peace
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,938 Likes on 976 Posts

You would have to use USCG approved fuel line. I doubt you will find it in that size. It is not worth the risk. Put a mechanical gauge on the engine and run an electric gauge to the dash.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:54 AM

Livorsi has a fuel psi sender and gauge that pretty accurate if your trying to get dead on you'll have to use a shop gauge at the engine.

Quick Reply: Fuel hose to dash gauge???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.