Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Arneson Rocker Plates????? Do they work well??? >

Arneson Rocker Plates????? Do they work well???

Notices

Arneson Rocker Plates????? Do they work well???

Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great picture and explanation!

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I think BBlades loaner program is free. You just have to pay shipping and have 2 weeks to test.
It's $25 bucks per prop plus shipping (I'm assuming ont the shipping part, he didn't specify when I talked to him), 15 days to test. Great program, better than buying something and being unhappy with it, plan to get som 26's from him in the spring.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure your bottom is straight. If you have a hook or rocker or both, your boat will porposie at high speed. Take a long straight edge and check your bottom. A good prop can cover up a bad bottom up to a point, but when you really push it, the flaws will show up. good luck and i hope you get it right
Old 01-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ar300johnson
Make sure your bottom is straight. If you have a hook or rocker or both, your boat will porposie at high speed. Take a long straight edge and check your bottom. A good prop can cover up a bad bottom up to a point, but when you really push it, the flaws will show up. good luck and i hope you get it right
Thanks for the advice!! I got my boat back yesterday and I will check everything again today. How long of a straight edge would you suggest? How much variation is too much? Is the pad and inner strakes the main thing to look at?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
You should be able to see in this picture that the inter strake is just into the water. This allows the boat (old school straight vee) to set with a few degrees of bow lift and the inter strake holds/balances boat. Note that the outer strake is for the most part not in the water, mostly in the spray. In this picture the boat is running very steady at 100 MPH+. If the inter strake ran the lenght of the boat, it would be constantly pushing the bow down. Conversely, when it was too short, the bow would come up and then fall off as there was no support to hold the bow...porpoiseing.
So if I understand, if the bow isn't getting out of the water even with a lot of trim, chances are the inner strake is too long, but if you're getting porpoising, it's probably too short?

Have you just found this to be a rule that applies all the time or just a generalization?

I was surprised to see that the 28ft velocity, a very fast hull that does a great job of sitting up on the pad, has inner strakes that run all the way to the transom.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carp,
No knowlege here on how a Velocity bottom works...
Old 01-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered

I tried the Maximus prop today from BBlades!!! What a difference!! Like night and day!! 96.9 at 5350 +/-. I can't post pictures on this website but you can see some here.

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthr...t=11888&page=5

or here

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...=51761&page=60