Stereo questions >

Stereo questions

Notices

Stereo questions

Old 03-16-2002, 07:20 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Game over I was of course refering to Home Speakers. Car is another world and there is so much bad and BS info flying around out there in car it is hard to wade through all the crap. The poly cones and alluminum cones are prefered because they last in the moist environment of a car were paper would just fall apart.

Forrest I myself would also never install a NON marine speaker. It is just not worth it. The costs in my opinion are not large enough to justify it. However if this guy wants to give it a try and we warn him about what to look for that is all we can do I guess.... Right?

Jon
Old 03-16-2002, 09:19 AM
FWK

I won't install a non marine speaker. Unless I have no choice But do not recommend it. If I do I explain the down side of doing this and I make sure the speaker has a polymer frame or Aluminum frame to cut down on rust. Even some marine speakers are not as protected as they should be. Some are just painted white and called a marine speaker. You can get as high end in marine for a few dollars more so why buy automotive. The main problem I have had is there were no 12's on the market in marine grade speakers. With the alumapro's the problem is solved. Thanks for telling me about them Jon. Jesse James boat will now be a Alumapro speaker boat. I can't wait Forrest

Old 03-18-2002, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay Okay so let me get this straight
Audio, Yes I have that stacked thing down there like BD's ride
(exact same)
problem is I think the amp in there is fried, you pump the volume all the way up and you can hear it but it is by no means LOUD in anyway shape or form
sounds at volume max, like someone talking to you in a room!!!
so it has to go
the Pioneer's are poly. THat is no problem, but question is where the hell do I put them?
In rear bench??? I will be more than happy to purchase marine speakers, saw some in overton's catalogue and cheap in my opinion (99 for clarion's).
I can place the amps in storage area of bench seats in cabin and drill small holes up high for wiring but where do you put the subs???
Do you want subs outside or inside?
Under way I always have the cabin door closed so having it down below would be dumb I would think.
Talk to me about placement of these components!!!!!
Thanks guys, greatly appreciated
Jason
Old 03-18-2002, 08:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Subs and 6X9's or what ever mids you choise can go under the back seat. Subs in the middle, mids outside. For the fronts I just can not remember how biggus's looks so I have to say I THINK that the stock location was not bad on that boat. You do not want your subs in the cabin they will not sound all that good.

Jon
Old 03-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

I believe there are 2 speakers in the front of the V berth area that face down into the cabin
there are 2 speakers in the rear bench and that is it
4 speakers total and the head unit with beat old eq is down in the cabin in the refridge side of the cabin under the helm
That is all you got in 1990 but now that it is 2002 we need to alter that a tad
okay so subs in middle (should I build a box in rear bench to enclose the subs?) or just cut holes, mount the subs through it and more or less just leave them there?
I was thinking of getting 2 5x7's and cutting into the plywood in the gunwales behind front bolsters and mounting those 2 there to get some mid range
I do like your idea better of putting the mids on the outer sides of the bench though
Should I take out the fridge to do this or can I fish it with the fridge in place?
The subs are the pioneer 10's that are poly and all silver (probably know what i mean)
Nothing super great but get the job done I would think. All in all im not going for the ricer THUMP THUMP that you hear a mile away but just a nice sounding system is all
need some tunage while teaching the waves who's the boss ya know.
If you come across any good deals, can you let me know?
Thanks man, GREATLY appreciated
Jason
Old 03-18-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind: FWK and AudioFN and others on the board make their living selling and designing these systems. If you are going to bennifit from their advice, do the right thing and give them a chance to earn your parts business.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Well I know AudioFN does HOME THEATRE systems not ricer car stereo's but In my last post, I asked him if he comes across any great deals, to please let me know and that it would be greatly appreciated.
Geez, no thread anymore is relaxed, always tension geez.

Anyway, How goes the painting project Audio?
Saw the other pics, looks kick ass so far and believe me, in about 3 weeks, Ill be joining you in the weeks worth of sanding you need to do for prep for paint

Anyway, like i said the first time, if you come across any great deals on head units, with a cd changer and remote, let me know
Thanks man
Talk to you soon
Jason
Old 03-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jayl13, your last post was not up when I wrote my prior post. But your post about Overton's was. I meant no offense to you. Was only looking out for a couple of this board's better resources.

Good luck with your sound system; sounds like it will be great.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:53 PM
FWK

Thanks Chart. Jayl13 you are good hands with audiofn. I will help you if I can. Forrest

Old 03-18-2002, 11:30 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Speaking of Overtons: Good deal to be had on the Clarion tape deck for below dealer cost!!!!

Add the CD changer and WALA you are psyched.

FORGET THE 5X7" speakers. They are a waiste of you time and money and effort to put them in.

Snaking behind the fridge...... I can not help ya there. You will have to do some looking. I have never taken Biggus's boat apart to work on stuff like that. Creativity is the name of the game with boats, cars, and homes.

Jon

Quick Reply: Stereo questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.