Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Need More Speed! (496Ho Content) >

Need More Speed! (496Ho Content)

Notices

Need More Speed! (496Ho Content)

Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget these...will help keep those suckas cool.
http://www.driveshowers.com/
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Big Boats - Special Considerations Required !

DeepBlue47

I've got a fair amount of expierence obviously with the 496 engines and Raylar has worked with some customers on large performance boats and cruisers and I might have some good advice and ideas for you if you want to push you BIG-BROAD BEAM- HEAVY BEAUTY a little faster and still have the engines and drives stay in whole condtion over some time!
We've worked with several big boat boaters and shops with Whipple prepped 496's and Raylar HO525-HO600 normally aspirated 496's. There is to much information, thoughts and such to discuss here in detail and how they will ultimatly affect the overall performance of your boat and obviously there are various options for changes and upgrades.
The Whipple supercharger systems are excellent, beautifully engineered and manufactured wonderfully as marine supercharger systems and with the right engine preparation to your engines internals they would produce excellent results if properly set up and dialed in for your boat.

Our Raylar 496 upgrade systems and higher horsepower 496 engines also offer excellent possible upgrade options.

We should however discuss your particular boat, ultimate drive ratios and upgrade options and needs as well as how you will be using and running the boat and what type and quality of fuels you have available in your boating area and what type of budget you're thinking about or have set for this project.

The overall running economy of your boat and boating and what your future possible resale plans may be for the boat, as these will also be affected greatly by your choice of upgrades.

If you would like call me toll free at (866) 496-8181, we can discuss your needs and wishes in greater detail and if Raylar can be of assistance in your investigations and solutions we would be glad to help contribute to a successful outcome for your project.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 02-18-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
DeepBlue47

I've got a fair amount of expierence obviously with the 496 engines and Raylar has worked with some customers on large performance boats and cruisers and I might have some good advice and ideas for you if you want to push you BIG-BROAD BEAM- HEAVY BEAUTY a little faster and still have the engines and drives stay in whole condtion over some time!
We've worked with several big boat boaters and shops with Whipple prepped 496's and Raylar HO525-HO600 normally aspirated 496's. There is to much information, thoughts and such to discuss here in detail and how they will ultimatly affect the overall performance of your boat and obviously there are various options for changes and upgrades.
The Whipple supercharger systems are excellent, beautifully engineered and manufactured wonderfully as marine supercharger systems and with the right engine preparation to your engines internals they would produce excellent results if properly set up and dialed in for your boat.

Our Raylar 496 upgrade systems and higher horsepower 496 engines also offer excellent possible upgrade options.

We should however discuss your particular boat, ultimate drive ratios and upgrade options and needs as well as how you will be using and running the boat and what type and quality of fuels you have available in your boating area and what type of budget you're thinking about or have set for this project.

The overall running economy of your boat and boating and what your future possible resale plans may be for the boat, as these will also be affected greatly by your choice of upgrades.

If you would like call me toll free at (866) 496-8181, we can discuss your needs and wishes in greater detail and if Raylar can be of assistance in your investigations and solutions we would be glad to help contribute to a successful outcome for your project.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Hi Ray,
Thanks for contacting me!
First, I'd like to apologize for such a long delay in my response. I have a lot going on at the moment and I'm afraid online forum's have dropped off a bit.
Anyway, I would like to get in touch with you to discuss some of our options and how we can ultimately reach our end goal. I would love to pick your brain about a few other things like drives, props, ect.

Whats the best way to contact you? Phone? E-Mail? On here?

Thanks,
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Call me at (866) 496-8181 M-F 9 to 5 Pacific time and we can discuss your situation and I'll try to lend some advise and thoughts that may help in your quest.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar