The best 500EFI blown setup

Notices

The best 500EFI blown setup

Old 04-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best 500EFI blown setup

I am considering a boat that requires twins. It has no engines. I believe that the 500 EFI platform is a solid choice. My plan is to build 2 500 EFIs and super charge with centrifugal superchargers.

Is there a good format already established for this setup? I have done more than my share of expermienting and it is costly. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I just want engines that are reasonable at the dock, have 300 hours of reliability, and don't trash drives each weekend.

I am not looking for a perfect world. That will come later. So, what is the cam, head, boost level that you have seen that fits this scenerio. There is no magic and speed cost money. How well I know that.

The boat will be a lake use rig, about a 30 footer. Any ideas? Thanks and Happy Easter. Everything is going to be alright. Quent
Old 04-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have 500efi with Whipples, The 525 would be a better platform, better guts, but the motor and charger are going to be higher $$$

For what it might cost to get a used 500efi motor and rebuild it up to a blower apli , it might be more cost effective to start from scratch,Theres a few on the board that are reasonable,shop them.remember some of the high dollar parts arnt necessary,but good insurance.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-build-up.html

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.