Voids On Hull

Notices

Voids On Hull

Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voids On Hull

Buddy of mine has a couple air voids and missing gel spots on the bottom of his hull. I am not a fiberglass/gel guy so what do is the recommended procedure to repair these?

I'd personally take it to a glass shop, but he's trying to save $ but still do it right.

Do you fill them with gel? Fill them with bondo and gel over?

Thanks in advance.

Kirk
Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
Buddy of mine has a couple air voids and missing gel spots on the bottom of his hull. I am not a fiberglass/gel guy so what do is the recommended procedure to repair these?

I'd personally take it to a glass shop, but he's trying to save $ but still do it right.

Do you fill them with gel? Fill them with bondo and gel over?

Thanks in advance.

Kirk
grind them out and fill them with some stripps of glass,,sand flush and gelcoat !!
But if he has them on the hull ,,there will be more ( OSMOSE )
Soft spots in the hull,,,bad thing !!
And even though we don't like each other ,,i am not kidding u !
Old 05-10-2009, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

having small air pockets in corners or on edge's is not uncommon, some manufactures sell a color matched gelcoat repair kit, or you can buy a kit that you mix the color your self, If the hull is just white, you can use white marinetex, if its not in a high visability place. As long as it's just a gelcoat air pocket and not structural, your options are many.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned
Gold Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
And even though we don't like each other ,,i am not kidding u !
I have no issue with you personally at all. I think you are knowledgable, helpful and a decent guy. I like your posts and think you mean well.

The thing I dont like is that some of us pay thousands of dollars in order to promote product that we sell and you did not, nor does Mike Shultz. I have never slammed the product you support as you have slammed Livorsi, which I sell. That doesnt make you a bad person, just one with bad judgement.

I still think you are proabably a nice guy, wether you like it or not. Thanks for the reply to my post.

Have a good Sunday!

Kirk