DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor

Notices

DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor

Old 05-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor

I have the Merc DDT and just bought a harness for the 496 smart craft and 525efi. Merc said they were the same.But the harness plug end is a flat plug 4 pins. the one on the motor is fatter 2 rows of pins.

Do I have the wrong harness or is this the wrong plug on the motor?

Ive never worked on a 496 before,so I am not familiar with them, the reason were hooking it up the alarm is sporadic 2 Beeps and solid alarm on plane,all the gages are good,its not going into limp,I'm guessing water pres sensor??

The part # on the harness is 84-83356-A13

Thanks for any help
Rob
Attached Thumbnails DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor-garage-053-large-.jpg   DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor-garage-054-large-.jpg   DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor-garage-055-large-.jpg  

DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor-garage-060-large-.jpg   DDT 555 harness?? wrong harness or plug on motor-garage-057-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To hook up that plug end you will need to remove the big plastic engine cover over the engine, When you do it will be more on your left side as you fase the engine it might be pinned down on a bracket, and it might have a cap on it, it might have a sticker on it that says diagnostic connector/ Depth finder,It should have four wires going to it, And they are PPL, WHT-PPL, WHT-BLK, BLACK, But that is not the plug in the photo you want use. Good luck.

Last edited by Boat Tech; 05-10-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

On my 496, the plug on the motor is the flat 4 pin connector. It's located right where your pictures show. I just take the cap off the motor side and plug in.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrong plug - That's the Smart Craft harness..... It's a flat 4 pin you need to find...
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Ok that means I have the right harness and I need to find the DDT plug on the motor. I didn't have a torx to get the cover off.I just felt around under it and couldnt find anything,Ill look again.I could see the relays and silver looking computer box on the valve cover,i figured it would be around there.

Thanks very much guys
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.