updated 454 rear motor mount problem >

updated 454 rear motor mount problem

Notices

updated 454 rear motor mount problem

Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updated 454 rear motor mount problem

I recently installed new rear motor mounts in a bravo 1 454 the mounts i got said in the instructions that they are updated , they say the double wound lockwasher is discarded along with old fiber washer , anyways I put the motor in with new fiber washers and the kit came with 2 stainless washers , the instructions say the stainless washers go inside the fiber washer i did that set the motor and i tightened the rear motor mount bolts and the fiber washers are loose , i thought they were to be tight as the bellhousing sits on them otherwise what purpose would they serve im confused do i do away with the stainless washers and see if they touch, any help would be appreciated ,thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new mounts should have surraded edges on one side only. Those surades go down against the new stainless washer. The directions are correct, remove the felt washer and the spring. There should be a new felt washer with the stainless washer. The stainless washer replaces the spring. then torque everything down and you should be good. If you have any other questions email me or call me and I'll walk you through it.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what i did i have the surraded edges down on the stainless washers and put the new fiber washers in and tightened it all down and the fiber washers are loose is that correct or should they somewhat smash when everything is tightened