What trim tabs should I use????? >

What trim tabs should I use?????

Notices

What trim tabs should I use?????

Old 03-26-2002, 06:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you see World class marine - Zieger Industries? Dollar had them at the Miami boat show. They looked very nice all polished cast stainless steel they have a website but it is messed up right now.
Old 03-26-2002, 06:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

They were 3595.00 per system (Boat show price)
Old 03-28-2002, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

HEY DAVE, is that the back of your superboat? looks nice tripps
Old 03-29-2002, 08:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally posted by tripps
HEY DAVE, is that the back of your superboat? looks nice tripps
Yup, I get some serious leverage with those K-planes.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would seriously consider running the boat without them for a baseline test before choosing the tabs. Your answer may be apparent as to the size and location after some runtime hours. If the hull does not seem to want a lot of tab then go with a smaller tab and a higher mounting. Define what the desired effect of the tabs will be, Some hulls need chinewalk correction others need basic trimming to compensate for wind direction...etc. Good luck. The Ironman.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:28 AM
Miami

Go with the 280's - proven item, standard on a lot of performance boats. I agree with Ted - as far out board as possible, slightly inward of the outside lifting strake and parallel to the bottom running surface. Sopme pad bottom hulls, such as Velocity, mount them tight to the drive ( without hitting the prop in a trimmed and or full steering lock ). This location is very specific to their hull and it's running attitude. Mount your to the outside and you will get the full benefits of leverage and the capabilities of counteracting wind, wave and or weight conditions. Good Luck

Old 03-31-2002, 05:18 PM
Registered

I agree with TOO OLD, testing is the key. Example, on my 251 convinsor, the tabs were mounted all the way to the outside, covering the outside strake. I had alot of handling issues. It was recommended by a rigger that I needed to move the tabs as far inward as possible, because of the portion of the boat that was in the water. BUT that changes with the way you use the boat, what is good for one, is not always good for another. By the way why don't you like Bennett tabs ? ( I run 12 x 16 Bennetts on a 25' Checkmate)
Old 03-31-2002, 06:00 PM
kook

Question

I am trying to figure out where to put a set of 280S's on my Sunsation Aggressor (25'). The factory has not intalled them OEM. Attached is a transom shot with exiting Bennetts, before hydraulic steering added. Hull is conventional v-bottom with delta pad. Should be running 85-87 mph this year. It's pretty well know that chine walk occurs in the 81-84 mph range for this hull. Advice appreciated.

oh yeah, I too need a lot of trim to reach peak top speed. Planning on starting with a Bravo1 prop - that's what I am running now, only it's a smaller pitch.

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails What trim tabs should I use?????-bravo-stern.jpg