need opinions on interior layout >

need opinions on interior layout

Notices

need opinions on interior layout

Old 06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default need opinions on interior layout

long story short but i bought a pair off used custom made seats and the a$$ hole sent me both frames and one seat and i am still waiting on the second seat, i bought them in febuary so i am guessing that i am not gonna see it. i am taking care of it with my bank but it has sparked a idea for a different interior layout. my boat to me and my family needs to not only serve as a performance boat but also function as we neeb it, keeping that in mind and the fact i only have 1 of my bolster seats i should have i am thinking about doing a L shaped seatr across the back and up the passenger side which would make it so i can seat more people and have a more open interior layout and more storage. i brought it up to the wife and she loves the idea but i am going against the traditional performancve boat style. i was a little worried about how it would work for a passenger sitting there at high speeds but i was in a buddies boat last night that has seats that layout in a L shape and we were running out around 60 last night and it seemed very comfortable and didnt throw me around like i was worried about. also keep in mind i am from the midwest, i boat the river and i will never see true rough water in this boat. by the way it is a baja sport 250 and i do not have a single piece of the original interior. what do you guys think about it? will people look down on the boat for the interior? i am really liking the idea right now. let me know what you think
Old 06-07-2009, 05:38 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Make it back to stock IMO. Resale will likely be ver hard if you ever do sell it. Donzi of course did this in the 16's and I find it very awkward. I think it would be made even worse with the sit down bench and a single stand up? IMO I would go stock.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a boat with the kind of layout you describe. Initially it seemed like a great layout. When you get passengers though they tend to line up on that side so everyone can look at and talk to the driver. It puts all the weight on one side and affects the handling of the boat. I too would go back to stock configuration.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Registered

i guess at this point resale doesnt mean much to me, after gutting the boat including stringers and transom i dont hink i ould get my money back anyways. the weight part could be a issue. as far as a stock interior that is totally out of the question since i have not a single piece of it. i guess i am gonna look around to see if i can find a different set of bolsters and try to get some of my money back from the a-hole that still has not sent me my second seat.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did exactly what you are suggesting. my top gun has the traditional ' back bench" and two bolsters... so i figured if i was doing charters instead of 3 siting and everyone else standing around, i would take the second seat out and build the L and did and it actually worked out and looked good. but after a short period of time it was obvious that there always wanted to be someone else up front. so i modified it again by putting back the szecond bolster abut letting the L wrap around right up to the back of it and thats the way it remains and works real well. what you are thinking about works and works well... right up until it doesn't. the weight and balance issues were no big deal to deal with. youre just going to have to take a whack at it and see if it suits your needs,
Old 06-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered

i was worried about the second person also because we are on the river and logs/anything else that floats are always a issue. when i was in my buddies wellcraft i was up front watching with him and i simply had one knee on the seat and was standing up the whole time and i felf comfortable, maybe not as nice as a bolster but i think for the things i will gain out of it i might like it. before we bought the baja we really wanted a u shaped rear seat and i had to give that up when i decided on a performance boat, now maybe i can have both? i have a 6 year old, my girls sister always has her 5 and 3 year old with us so if they are sitting in the corner of the l i think i may not have a weight issue? if i do go with the L and i decide to sell i can always switch back if i need to. who knows, maybe i will hate it and next spring i can find a new pair of seats (unless a-hole sends me the rest of my seat) and go back? keep the input coming, i have not decided for sure yet but i am leaning towards the L right now