4.5" ID Stainless tubing >

4.5" ID Stainless tubing

Notices

4.5" ID Stainless tubing

Old 06-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 4.5" ID Stainless tubing

Anyone have any idea where I can get 4.5" ID Stainless tubing? This needs to slip over my existing 4.5" OD stainless pipes I have now!

Thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 1,281 Likes on 622 Posts

How long of a piece do you need? what are you trying to do? My brother has a company that does custom stainless tubing. He is doing custom mandrel turndowns for me once I get my dimensions to him. I can ask if they have 4.5" and could drop ship it to you.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Registered

I need to make some custom exhaust tips. The pipes I have are straight cut(see picture). The exhaust is dry so I cannot simply cut the 4.5"OD pipes and weld a slant tip on them. I want the slant tip to slide over the existing pipes which is why it needs to be a 4.5" ID. Can your Brother get them Polished? Do you know if the tubing is seamless? Here is a CAD file showing the rough dimensions. I would need 4 total! Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 4.5" ID Stainless tubing-1759806_18.jpg   4.5" ID Stainless tubing-exhaust-tip.jpg  
Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

call CP or Diamond, its pricey but they did a great job for me
Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

Yes they should be polished, and I will see if they are seemless. It's a heck allot cheaper than the marine makers.

Is this to clear your rams?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Yes they should be polished, and I will see if they are seemless. It's a heck allot cheaper than the marine makers.

I actually moved the rams down and relocated the tie bar because they used to hit with the drives trimmed up. The purpose of the tops are 1. To cover the dents from when the tie bar used to hit and 2. Because I hate the look of straight tips
Old 06-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered

Did you have a chance to talk to you brother?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
Did you have a chance to talk to you brother?
Yes, he sent your dimensions to his guy and I should get the quote tomorrow. Sorry I have been out of town since Wednesday for a wedding. I will call my brother tonight. i think I was quoted $80 per custom mandrel turndowns. Yours should not be even close to that.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Registered

Yes, he sent your dimensions to his guy and I should get the quote tomorrow. Sorry I have been out of town since Wednesday for a wedding. I will call my brother tonight. i think I was quoted $80 per custom mandrel turndowns. Yours should not be even close to that.
Thanks man! You said these would be polished? Have you had a chance to see the quality that this company is capable of? I also think I will need to increase the ID from 4.5 to 4.5625 so the pipe will actually slide over my existing. I think keeping it 4.5 ID is going to be too tight
Old 07-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Hey rookie, not to be a pain in the a$$ but I need to make a decision on which direction I am going to go in. Did you hear anything from you brother?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.