Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Exhuast flappers......... >

Exhuast flappers.........

Notices

Exhuast flappers.........

Old 08-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Internals won't last as long, so I went with the externals just to be safe.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudmaster_321
I have put some of the gatlin mufflers on my 25 eagle eliminator. I was going to run the rubber flaps that go on the end of the tips to keep the water from going back in with a wave or whatever. They look ugly as heck back there. So i got the internal tip flappers put in between the tail pipe and tip. Will those internal flappers be sufficient, or do i need the end flaps as well?
Here's an idea for your alternative to the ugly rubber flaps. These are 316L stainless steel clamp on flaps.

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=7631
Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just installed the new style from Hardin Marine. Rubber flapper on the inside. They do have a tic tac toe grid in them for the rubber to push against.

I've noticed the rubber stays bent out a bit, but as soon as water pushes it back it stays there. So I come off plane and dab the throttle to avoid that first rush of water.

I also noticed an ever slight change in exhaust tone. Hardin claims the rubber is heat resistant or so. I'll see how well they hold up. I love that there is no rattle anymore. That will drive you crazy.