No reading from Gaffrig GPS speedometer >

No reading from Gaffrig GPS speedometer

Notices

No reading from Gaffrig GPS speedometer

Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No reading from Gaffrig GPS speedometer

I have a Gaffrig Performance GPS Speedometer that stopped giving me a reading last year. The red light that goes out when the antenna has found a satelite did not go out. Reading the other thread on here I came to the conclusion that the battery in the antenna needed to be replaced. I have since replaced it and now after a few seconds the red light goes out but I still do not get a reading on the speedometer. Any suggestions? My unit does not do the sweep and go to the 9:00 position as suggested in the thread. It does say Gaffrig Performance on the guage. I don't know if this is one that Livorsi built or not. Do I need to hook the red wire up to the battery for 48 hours to charge the unit like I had to with the initial install?
Old 08-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,903 Likes on 956 Posts

It is not a Livorsi guage. Livorsi built ones say "Gaffrig Precision Instruments" on the guage face.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
I have a Gaffrig Performance GPS Speedometer that stopped giving me a reading last year. The red light that goes out when the antenna has found a satelite did not go out. Reading the other thread on here I came to the conclusion that the battery in the antenna needed to be replaced. I have since replaced it and now after a few seconds the red light goes out but I still do not get a reading on the speedometer. Any suggestions? My unit does not do the sweep and go to the 9:00 position as suggested in the thread. It does say Gaffrig Performance on the guage. I don't know if this is one that Livorsi built or not. Do I need to hook the red wire up to the battery for 48 hours to charge the unit like I had to with the initial install?
Mine does exactly the same thing. I am almost ready to pull the plug on the Livorsi Vantage View setup as I have a 496HO.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

No one out there had the issue and resolved it?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

Well, I had a call in to Livorsi and they called me back and said I would have to send it in. I said I saw on the net that people changed their battery and he said you have to send it in because it needs to be reprogrammed. Then I told him it says Gaffrig Performance and as Griff pointed out, he said it is not a Livorsi Guage and I should follow up with them. I did have an email out to Gaffrig as their tech assistance by phone is only up until 12:00 pm. They gave out an email address for assistance and they responded saying:
"YOU PROBABLY WOULD NEED TO BUY A NEW RECEIVER/ANTENNA OUR PART# 9251, WHICH YOU COULD ORDER FROM OUR WEB-SITE AT WWW.GAFFRIGPERFORMANCE.COM OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND BOTH UNITS IN FOR US TO TEST I WOULD BE GLAD TO DO THAT FOR YOU BUT MOST LIKELY IT'S THE ANTENNA."
I have replaced the battery and now the red light goes out indicating a satelite has been found but I still don't get a reading. I will check all connections for corrosion etc., but I am not optomistic. Looks like I will have to send it back.