LED trailer lights >

LED trailer lights

Notices

LED trailer lights

Old 08-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 335 Likes on 188 Posts
Default LED trailer lights

We had a great time at the Blackjack Run in Buffalo. Good weather and great people. The only problem was trailer lights.

We had brake, and turn signal but no tail lights. I drove part of the way home with the four ways on. The trailer is (11) years old so I will rewire it. No wimpy store bought harness, will use at least 14 gauge wire instead of the 16 or 18 the store bought harness have. Nor will I use those GD scotch lock connectors to splice to the side marker lights. I suspect that may be the problem.

As long as I am replacing the wiring I may as well replace the lights. What does everyone like in LED lighting and where do you purchase them???? I would like to stay with the oval rear lights with the grommets as that is what is on the trailer now.

Thanks,
Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.etrailer.com/c-led.htm

This place has everything for trailers you would ever need.They have every shape and size of the LED lights. Be prepared to spend more for the LED's though.The ovals your talking about are $10 at Autozone for regular lights and the LED's are $26 each.You must purchase the gromets seperately.