oil in my bilge >

oil in my bilge

Notices

oil in my bilge

Old 08-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil in my bilge

Got a 2001 25 OL with 496 mag ho in it. Took it out yesterday and ran it pretty hard. Noticed oil in my bige this morning. There was a lil water in the bilge so it was hard to tell how much oil was acually it. The engine appears clean everywhere and hosed out the dirty oil and water and let the boat run for a while on the muffs and cant see it leaking anywhere. Could it push some oil out anywhere running it hard.Any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It only takes a small amout of oil on top of water to look like a whole bunch. Check the drain line coming off the pan make sure it is tight. Check for any loose containers you might have in the boat, like a quart of oil under the seat. Check the oil cooler power steering, connections at the cooler, also the oil could be coming from the drive or drive resivor or oil pan gasket. Fill everything up and watch the levels. I had to lay paper towels under and around the engine to find a leak on time. I know it is flustrating but keep looking till you find the leak.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could also be oil coming out of the breathers. That is what the oil in my bilge comes from.