audio / video equipment IDEAS >

audio / video equipment IDEAS

Notices

audio / video equipment IDEAS

Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts
Default audio / video equipment IDEAS

I am going to be doing a lot of work over the winter on my 32 spectra. I would like to know what is a cool set up that everyone can enjoy. My son is almost 8 now and he knows more about this stuff than I do. I was planning on putting in a new stereo / amps / subs however I would like to know if there is something else in addition to this or a one does all head unit out there. I have shore power however I would prefer to have everything work off 12 volt.

Basically just looking for a neat up to date Audio / Video components. My son likes to be able to use his ipod-touch and probably be able to watch DVD's also when we are doing over nighters.

Thanks for your help.
John

I use to sell this stuff like over 20 years ago and am amazed with all that is out there and available and yes a little or alot confused. LOL
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Registered

any ideas??????
Old 09-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want a TRUE marine head unit then I would suggest Fusion audio. They are the only one that I know of. When you see the back of the unit you will understand. They also IMO have the best Ipod interface and blue ray features with Iphones. Very easy to use and decent sound. They also have three zone volume controls that are very cool if you need/want them. You can run up to 4 remotes and they are waterproof so can be mounted on a swim platform.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh their DVD unit can play two displays as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
If you want a TRUE marine head unit then I would suggest Fusion audio. They are the only one that I know of. When you see the back of the unit you will understand. They also IMO have the best Ipod interface and blue ray features with Iphones. Very easy to use and decent sound. They also have three zone volume controls that are very cool if you need/want them. You can run up to 4 remotes and they are waterproof so can be mounted on a swim platform.
thank you,
i will start searcing one out. any particular model or is their marine unit limited to one or two choices. i will have the main unit mounted below in the cuddy however would like to have something portable (to watch dvd's on the dash) if it's possible. who would be a good person to call for a one call does all type person rather than trying to piece meal the whole thing together and then not really have what i want in the long run.

thanks,
john
Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Sony headunit that also playes DVD's. I installed a
12V flatscreen TV and hooked it up to the HU using the video outs. Could have alos connected the audio out and played the movie sound thru the TV, but I choose to have the sound going thru my 4 cabin speakers for a full sound. The HU also has an input for MP3 players, that I use for my iTouch to play music. But can also play movies/videos thru the TV with the iTouch using Apples propiertary A/V cables that I have connected to a 2nd set of A/V inputs on the TV.
All is 12v so I can watch movies or play music while out on the water if I want.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I have a Sony headunit that also playes DVD's. I installed a
12V flatscreen TV and hooked it up to the HU using the video outs. Could have alos connected the audio out and played the movie sound thru the TV, but I choose to have the sound going thru my 4 cabin speakers for a full sound. The HU also has an input for MP3 players, that I use for my iTouch to play music. But can also play movies/videos thru the TV with the iTouch using Apples propiertary A/V cables that I have connected to a 2nd set of A/V inputs on the TV.
All is 12v so I can watch movies or play music while out on the water if I want.
this helps,
thanks,
john
Old 09-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

US1 Fountain, which Sony unit do you have?

I couldn't find a head unit that plays DVD's in the marine section.

Sorry to butt in, but this subject is of interest to me as well.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skmulligan
US1 Fountain, which Sony unit do you have?

I couldn't find a head unit that plays DVD's in the marine section.

Sorry to butt in, but this subject is of interest to me as well.
no problem the more info on the subject the better. keep me posted with your finds or results also.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

One I havent seen, if you have a one piece engine hatch, mount s roll up screen under it...raise the engine hatch at nite, pull down the screen and fire up a dvd via a projector on the dash ...drive in movie style....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.