Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
BBC starter bolt pattern? >

BBC starter bolt pattern?

Notices

BBC starter bolt pattern?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

We have them instock at all times, known better as Straight bolt pattern http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=10165
Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mrfixxall

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
would that be form it kicking back?

The tab on a stock style starter ? I havent seen a tab on a highperformance starter.
Yeppers,happened a few years back,been using the little tab on every application..
Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

I have yet to see one of the mini gear reduction break off or break a bolt. The old heavy cast iron starters needed the brace, but they weighed about 100 lbs I have done more than a few and never run the brace on the mini's
Eddie
Old 09-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mrfixxall

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I have yet to see one of the mini gear reduction break off or break a bolt. The old heavy cast iron starters needed the brace, but they weighed about 100 lbs I have done more than a few and never run the brace on the mini's
Eddie
Eddie, i have seen both, i had 2 boats come it in the last few years,the firse one was a customer put a stock style starter in his boat a year before and he said it was such a pain to get at..so he wanted me to replace it for him..apon inspection i noticed the bolt laying in the billage with a piece of the outter block missing, i called the customer and asked what style starter was in his boat and he said it was a staggared pattern and he had put a side by side starter in..

second ocasion,a friends 2.0 4 cyl starter was laying in the bilge..both mini gm whth nose cones and both were missing the rear support tab on the starter..i reinstalled the tab and have been good since..