Altitude Hopper w/177 Weiand >

Altitude Hopper w/177 Weiand

Notices

Altitude Hopper w/177 Weiand

Old 11-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altitude Hopper w/177 Weiand

I am running a 454 mag with a Holley carb and 177 Weiand on a 242 Formula. Holley says to change the jets every 2K feet in elevation. The guys I run with all say 1 jet size per 1K feet in elevation but they are running bigger blowers with twin carbs. Is the 2K ft per jet size correct for a carb blower motor or only for naturally asperated? I just boat the boat where it is dialed in at 3K feet and I plan to use it next year at 5,500', 6.200' in Utah. I know will have to try it I am just wondering if I should start 1 or 2 jet sizes smaller?

Thanks for any input
Old 11-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Bodi,
Every 1300 feet in corrected density is one main jet.
Welcome to boating the nose bleed seats

Do you have an O2 bung in your exhaust?

Dave

Last edited by Nordicflame; 11-12-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

I don't I have a 1988 Formula 242 with a 365hp 454 mag with 420 original hours. It came with a 177 weiand that I was told the original owner put on when he purchased the boat new. I believe the motor is stock but it does have roller rockers that I see under the valve covers. I had the blower rebuilt last year with the addition of teflon tips. It pulls just over 4lbs of boost at the Gorge. Its turning a 22 Bravo 1 labbed by marine Prop. It's no speed demon and we usually use it for fishing at Strawberry and the Gorge. I'm sure its the only Formula with a remote troll on it. I miised out on a 28' Heat in Price that is running a Bob Teaque clone 509 which runs 85 GPS at Powell. I have to double check what I wrote on the carb but I think I put in 84's with a 65 Power valve and 95's in the Secondaries.

Brett