Remote Oil Filter Setup >

Remote Oil Filter Setup

Notices

Remote Oil Filter Setup

Old 04-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Oil Filter Setup

Purchased a Hardin Marine Remote Oil Kit.....The Filter mounting bracket has arrows to mark inlet and outlet hoses...The piece that mounts to the block is held in place by two bolts. It has a center hole and one offset. Which is for the hose going in to the filter and which is for the hose from the filter? Also this "piece" can be turned so that the offset hole will be close to the block or away depending on which way you attach it the block. Does it matter where the offset hole is?

"Bad-Habit"
Old 04-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Registered

Need to turn so hole on side is closest to block. That is the Oil out. Center one is oil in. Since your adapter is bolted on you do not need to worry about the following. On gen V or VI block need to change out the bypass valve that is in block to the 30psi type. I have part number at house, if you need it.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Turbojack
Need to turn so hole on side is closest to block. That is the Oil out. Center one is oil in. Since your adapter is bolted on you do not need to worry about the following. On gen V or VI block need to change out the bypass valve that is in block to the 30psi type. I have part number at house, if you need it.
Thank you...The block is a 89 Small block. This means I don't need the part#'s because the adapter is bolted to the block right? Also why does the offset hole need to be closest to the block? Thanks again

"Bad-Habit"

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 04-10-2002 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Ok I was thinking BBC. The reason to be mounted on the inside is in BBC the holes from the oil pump is on the inside side. See picture. I guess I was wrong about the screw holes. Must be only the gen VI block does not have bolt holes.
Attached Thumbnails Remote Oil Filter Setup-oilfilterpad.jpg  
Old 04-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Creative use of wire to show path from oil pump Turbojack! The Merc adapter I have on my Gen VI blocks has a circular passage around the center fitting, so even if you don't line up the offset hole with the offset hole in the block, the oil will get to where its supposed, although with a little extra restriction due to change of direction. I don't know if the Hardin adapter is the same.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Turbojack
That is the Oil out. Center one is oil in.
Turbojack, I bought the same adapter from CP Performance and had a question with the marking of the inlet and outlet arrows. When you say "center hole is oil in" Are you saying back into the motor? I contacted Fram & Wix as well as looking at my motor manuals. The oil flow of the filter bracket was marked wrong. Oil flows into the outside of the fliter and then out through the center, per the filter manufactuers.

Craig
Old 04-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Registered

OK When I said OUT, that is out to the oilfilter / cooler or etc.
When I said IN that is back into the motor for oiling the bearing, lifters & etc. This is for the adapter that connects to the motor in place of the oil filter. On the remote oil filter bracket the flow would be outside= oil going into filter, center = oil comming out of filter.

TC
The reason I had the picture was after I read all the articles / posts / & treads I was total confused as to how the oil went around the motor. I then called my engine builder & after talking to him I was even more confused. He told me he had a block & I went over to look at it. I then decided to take pictures with wires in different holes so I could remember latter where passages went. I now feel I understand where to/from the oil goes. & how it gets around all of the passages & holes.

Last edited by Turbojack; 04-10-2002 at 09:03 PM.