Notices

Single Engine Twin Drive

Old 12-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fpjeepy05
IYanmar 480HP $40,000, Geared up System $5,000, 2xB1's rebuilt $10,000 ---Total $55,000

Yanmar 480HP $40,000, Arneson $26,000, Bow thruster $5,000--- Total $71,000

2x Yanmar 480HP $80,000, 2x Arneson $52,000 --- Total $132,000

... A lot of savings. Obviously 2x Yanmar would be the most ideal setup... but there is a lot to be said for $77,000 savings. I'm not sure I would want to have to maneuver a single with Arneson without a bow thruster. I've heard that can difficult. Plus if a B1 breaks... not too difficult to have a spare and swap off. If by chance you were to mess up an Arneson I have not idea what the turn around would be on repairs.

As for the one unit aerating and the other blowing... I thought the torque was split no matter what, but I can't find anything to support that... I'll call geared up and see what they say.

Where did you get that pricing for an "inline" Arneson ASD8? You are about $10K to much for each one.

As far as breakage, there is very little to worry about there. The Yanmar 480's are no problem for the ASD8's as we package them with this engine and the Cummins QSB480's and they come with a warranty.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was the price I was quoted when I called... but that might have been for the bravo replacement kit. Whats the difference with the "inline" arneson? Does that include tranny, prop, steering, and water intake?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fpjeepy05
That was the price I was quoted when I called... but that might have been for the bravo replacement kit. Whats the difference with the "inline" arneson? Does that include tranny, prop, steering, and water intake?
You would not need the "Bravo Conversion Kit" for a Yanmar 480 and the Bravo Conversion Kits do not cost that much either. so..??

The marine gear would come on your engine from Yanmar as you would purchase a bob tail with gear from them. The rest is available from us other than the water pickup.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 818 Likes on 379 Posts

That thing won't get on plane....
Old 12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Where did you get that pricing for an "inline" Arneson ASD8? You are about $10K to much for each one.

As far as breakage, there is very little to worry about there. The Yanmar 480's are no problem for the ASD8's as we package them with this engine and the Cummins QSB480's and they come with a warranty.
About the pricing Rik answered that ,the bow thrusther you can get off your list because a arneson boat handles better then a bravo boat on the dock wich you can find on many forums . also haven,t heard that they break .

I was also thinking for arnesons but had allready bravo,s on my boat and the hp can be handled by the xr,s
if I ever add hp or get a other diesel project I will go arneson for sure !

If you need any info on anerson you can ask Rik he is very quick answering and helps always even if you buy nothing .
Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cummins ?

I can offer you A pair cummins QSB 5.9 rated 350hp @ 2800 rpm for the price that,s just a little over 1 yanmar 480

pm interested
Old 01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
You would not need the "Bravo Conversion Kit" for a Yanmar 480 and the Bravo Conversion Kits do not cost that much either. so..??

The marine gear would come on your engine from Yanmar as you would purchase a bob tail with gear from them. The rest is available from us other than the water pickup.
What would the price breakdown look like... The only reason I say $26 is because that was the price I was quoted, but it might have been a different drive?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik

ASD8 in line drive unit cost $16,020.00
Twin Disc Transmission $5,000
Surface Piercing Propeller $4,000

Total $25,020... provided you have your own power steering pump.