Driving Tips and advice >

Driving Tips and advice

Notices

Driving Tips and advice

Old 02-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 469 Likes on 213 Posts
Default Driving Tips and advice

Is there a good resource for high performance boat driving and handling? I am aware of the Tres school, which is the best option, however, some people just don't have the time or money to attend. I would like some basic instruction which I can read in my spare time. I currently have a boat, non high-performance, but I understand these are a different animal. I want to learn to be safe before getting behind the wheel of one! Also, tips on keeping your drives / engines intact as opposed to unecessary abuse due to driving styles. Advice on handling big water, following seas, quartering seas and high winds. Thanks guys.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the best way is to take everything slow at first. i had never driven a performance boat until a few years ago. my good friend had a ton of time in them. spent a few hours with him and then a ton of time on my own. used to go out at off times and just practice driving different conditions. learned alot in the 4 or so years. theres a time and a place for going real fast. you will learn when... have fun,, mark