Merc Blue Paint. B8110 >

Merc Blue Paint. B8110

Notices

Merc Blue Paint. B8110

Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts
Default Merc Blue Paint. B8110

I looked up an earlier thread regarding Merc Blue Racing paint and found it to be B8110A. The Auto Value Store nearby found it without the A on the end of the number and it came up as a 1981 Chevy color which was also mentioned in the earlier thread. They mixed it up in a single stage dupont for me but it appears to be a little dark but can't say for sure until I spray it and let it dry however by looking in the quart it just looks a little darker. Do you know if the A on the end of the paint code stands for anything that may alter the color?

Thanks,
John
Old 05-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I looked up an earlier thread regarding Merc Blue Racing paint and found it to be B8110A. The Auto Value Store nearby found it without the A on the end of the number and it came up as a 1981 Chevy color which was also mentioned in the earlier thread. They mixed it up in a single stage dupont for me but it appears to be a little dark but can't say for sure until I spray it and let it dry however by looking in the quart it just looks a little darker. Do you know if the A on the end of the paint code stands for anything that may alter the color?

Thanks,
John
Just curious what the price difference is if you buy it from Merc vs. where you got yours?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered

Not even sure what the dealer gets for it. i just read a thread of what the Dupont Paint code was for Merc Blue. It wasn't so much as a price thing as availability. You mention Merc Racing Blue in Northern MI and all you get is HUHHHH, AHHH Say what. LOL... So I just went to Auto Value with the said code. I didn't even look at the slip as it went on my account however I think it was like 32.00 a quart. I have no idea what a Merc dealer gets. I'm sure it's not cheap though....
Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did mine in imeron and it turned out perfect. it did have the a at the end of the # . you cant tell the difference between the intake and the block in direct sunlight. ps had finish master mix it for me. good luck.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brians fever
i did mine in imeron and it turned out perfect. it did have the a at the end of the # . you cant tell the difference between the intake and the block in direct sunlight. ps had finish master mix it for me. good luck.
Thanks,
I wonder if anyone knows what the "A" on the end stands for. Auto Value is a Dupont dist. up here so I wonder why they couldn't pull up. Oh well, it appears close but don't have anything to match it up to at the moment. When it comes to engine paint I guess close could be considered good enough. It's not like I have anything that is remotely stock on the entire boat. I have to admit though I do like the Merc Blue. LOL...
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

i checked with both of my local Dupont supplyers,terras supply & Finishmasters both had the b8110a in their system in either Centari or Imron 5.0..Both single stage Terras,56.00 qt of imron finishmasters 64.00 qt,+ the hardener..