carb spacer or not on dart intake >

carb spacer or not on dart intake

Notices

carb spacer or not on dart intake

Old 05-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default carb spacer or not on dart intake

Have my HP 500 running and now do have just enough clearance to run my 1" open spacer, anybody run the dart intake with/without a spacer ? which seems to work best, thanks Rob
Old 05-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes on the spacer ! i have a 540 dart motor we dyno a few spacer and this work the best http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13486...er-spacer.aspx
Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

I would give it a try with and without. It's a quick inexpensive way see if you have any gains. You here a lot about these spacers as well as the super suckers. I strongly believe each application will be different from one another. In the boat / on the water is the best way to see. Might not be any noticable rpm gains. To be realistic about it you should really do it on the water, same day and same conditions, temps, etc.

Good luck,
John
Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default carb spacers for dart intake

I would say yes to the carb spacer, but it needs to be the right one to work with the dart 6200 intake.
There are some very good spacers available, but with a square opening you will not have a good match to the unique
design of the dart intake.
I had the same problem when doing upgrades to my HP 500's, so I designed and cnc machined custom spacers for my aplication.
My HP 500's are now 540 inches and make 690 HP @ 5700 rpm, 15 HP came from my spacer design.
I am an aerospace engineer and tool maker with a cnc machining center. I just started a small business called Wags Engineering Inc.
Let me know if you want my help.
Jeff

Last edited by WAGS382; 05-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.