Which Marine AC to get? >

Which Marine AC to get?

Notices

Which Marine AC to get?

Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
any way been selling mermaid for about 9 years now..great unit, decent price and a 5 year warranty that nobody has...pm or call(540-786-8111) me and will give you a great deal along with tech support on your install...Rob
looked them up, good info, might have to give you a call, thanks! my scarab has air, but the pump seems locked up. over the last few years it's never been a priority.... til we had to sleep in it last weekend!!

don't know what brand it is, but a 5200 sounds like a good replacement. we have dial controls will, this work or do you recommend a different route.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Registered

the 5200 is designed to fit into the v-berth area and is also to run on a honda gen...if you have the room, and does not take much more the 6500 is about the same price and more cooling, I would can the dial controls, once you have had a reg therm you will never want to deal with that system again..Rob
Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob
Thanks for the response. When I'm ready I will contact you if that's ok.
Thanks, Steve
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

ezstriper, I live in the burg and am looking at installing A/C on my 272... The owner before me said it had all the wiring set up for it. I have a fuse panel w/ shore power hook up as the boat has a fridge, electric stove and sink already in it so I figured A/C would finish it off. Are you familiar with George of Clean Air Marine?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Registered

I have worked on several boats that the owners were told were wired for a/c...never seen a wire in there...maybe a breaker installed in the panel but thats it...the wiring is not that big of a deal..just time consuming like any other work on a boat. Yes I know george of clean marine...does good work..and charges dearly for it..
Old 08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered

I am seriously considering this as a winter project. We have had a pretty hot summer, and tried sleeping on the boat 1 time, and about died it was so miserable.

can you give the cliff notes version of what I am getting myself into? I have a 280 velocity, and would be starting completely from scratch.

How big of an area do I need to install the unit?
Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

no problem, can walk you thru it...sport boats are not to bad to do...just need space for the unit under v-berth, cabinet etc....just give me a call during business hours 9-6 m-f est Rob
Old 08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Registered

Rob
Will mermaids 6500 btu work in my boat?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered

Rob - Yeah George does good work and charges for it. I am going to pass your info along to my parents as they have a 36 foot meridian motor yatch that needs work from time to time. George has worked on it before but his schedule makes it tough for them to get work done.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 AM
Registered

I always want to use the largest units that will fit usually, as undersizing causes the unit to run for long periods of time, sometimes never cycling and freezing up...a lot of manufactures undersize units in their boats to cut cost, but if you are in a hot humid area, nothing but trouble. as far as your 38 if you give me the the cabin dimensions (lenth x width x height)I will see what is required and we can go from there...Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.