Changing Shifter/Throttle Set-up >

Changing Shifter/Throttle Set-up

Notices

Changing Shifter/Throttle Set-up

Old 05-06-2002, 07:35 PM
rwilson

Default Changing Shifter/Throttle Set-up

Hey gang...

I would like to change my Shifter/Throttle set-up from the stock Teleflex/Morse 2 lever unit to a Gaffrig unit with the integrated trim switch.

The unit is old and the throttle lever is pivoting in its mount...one to many bumps I guess. These are also the old style levers, where instead of a slotted bezel they are kinda half round and the levers are attched via a bolt up from the bottom. They are not the surface mounted chrome jobbies.

Has anyone made this conversion before? My question is does anyone make an adapter plate?

It looks like the hole for the Teleflex (6" or so) is wide enough for a standard 2 shift/2 throttle set-up, but I only need the 1 shifter/1 throttle unit which looks like it leaves me with a 3/4 inch gap on either side.

I'd like to do the change over the next few weeks... Thanks!

Old 05-07-2002, 04:10 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask Gaffrig if they make a plate for that. I know that they do make a adaptor but I am not sure if that is the one you will need.

Jon
Old 05-07-2002, 10:15 PM
Wildfire

The Magnum is currently getting new dash and control panels. The existing holes will be glassed up and the whole mess will be covered with some powdercoated aluminum.

We have a local shop that can cut anything with a CNC water jet to a gnat's ass tolerance. The cutout work will cost about $10 per panel plus material cost. The powdercoating is reasonable too.

If Livorsi won't make one, you could draw up and make your own. Livorsi has the cutout profile on their site. I am using DeltaCad (free shareware) to do my drawings and have no prior cad experience.

Old 05-08-2002, 12:01 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott, what type of shop has that kind of equipment?
Old 05-08-2002, 04:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ted one of my customers has a water jet he cut my dash panels for me. The process is easy make a template of what you want and pick your material. The machine can cut from plexiglass to 3"steel plate using high pressure water and sand. Email me if I can help.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:38 AM
Wildfire

Our local shop is Springcreek Machining, just a regular machine shop.

As you call around, just ask for somebody with a CNC water jet. As mfb357 says, they will cut anything. If you can't find anybody with a water jet, a regular CNC mill will work just fine too.

The DeltaCad can export the proper file type so that they can make their electronic machining program from that - might save a few bucks if you have an elaborate panel to make.

Old 05-08-2002, 08:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys.