Enderle or Hilborn Mechanical Fuel Injection Questions >

Enderle or Hilborn Mechanical Fuel Injection Questions

Notices

Enderle or Hilborn Mechanical Fuel Injection Questions

Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enderle or Hilborn Mechanical Fuel Injection Questions

HI all, running a 96 scarab with a bbc 7.4. Just picked up a 671 dyers charger with an enderle incection hat. Intercooler also.

talking with enderle they state the fuel pump needs to be 7 GPM, Does anyone make a cam driven pump capable of producing 7 gpm that could replace the stock mercruiser?

Anyone have any tuning advise? or where i can get more advise on setup and tuning? low idle advise ??

take care....
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by marcg007
HI all, running a 96 scarab with a bbc 7.4. Just picked up a 671 dyers charger with an enderle incection hat. Intercooler also.

talking with enderle they state the fuel pump needs to be 7 GPM, Does anyone make a cam driven pump capable of producing 7 gpm that could replace the stock mercruiser?

Anyone have any tuning advise? or where i can get more advise on setup and tuning? low idle advise ??

take care....
we use to use a belt driven fuel pump for the mechanical injection, this is a mechanical and will deliver 450 GPH or 7.5 GPM. http://www.racepumps.com/index.html

AS for tuning your best be would be to tune i on a dyno,you will also need to install a return line in the boat's gas tank and not in the over flow hose..With that kind of pressure you will be dumping fuel in the lake if you use the over flow hose..
Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

I doubt you can get the mechanical fuel injection to work in this application. The Mechanical deal is a mostly on or off throttle, with poor part throttle fuel distribution and tuning. Trade it for some carbs.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered

Nothing against mechanical injection (in a racing application) -- but I would avoid it like the plague in a cruiser, way too many issues.

Use the blower but convert it over to EFI -- both Hilborn and Kinsler (there are a few on this site that'll convert for you also)offer EFI conversions to be used on blowers. With this, you'll need to convert to an electric fuel pump with a bypass regulator that is returned to the tank -- or just put a set of carbs on it.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Craig
Nothing against mechanical injection (in a racing application) -- but I would avoid it like the plague in a cruiser, way too many issues.

Use the blower but convert it over to EFI -- both Hilborn and Kinsler (there are a few on this site that'll convert for you also)offer EFI conversions to be used on blowers. With this, you'll need to convert to an electric fuel pump with a bypass regulator that is returned to the tank -- or just put a set of carbs on it.
Jim Craig from Weldon?? Damn, I was surprised to see you over here...................shouldn't you be lurking around over on Yellow Bullet!

Pat at Ocean State Performance
Old 09-14-2010, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cannot buy enough tylenol to over come the headaches this is going to be !!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pat@osp
Jim Craig from Weldon?? Damn, I was surprised to see you over here...................shouldn't you be lurking around over on Yellow Bullet!

Pat at Ocean State Performance
Yes, it is...............I been over here for a while, you'd be surprised to see where and when I turn up. I'm just trying to help out where I can and stay out of the way where I need to.

and yes, as you, continue to lurk on the 'bullet................

I hope that all it well.