Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Rough costs of an Imco full hyd kit installed? >

Rough costs of an Imco full hyd kit installed?

Notices

Rough costs of an Imco full hyd kit installed?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough costs of an Imco full hyd kit installed?

Might trade my Seadoo for an Imco dual ram hydraulic steering system for the 24. I like imco, so thats what I'm looking at.

So, whats a really rough cost of going from cable to a full system with dual rams? I'm talkin about everything helm to stern installed. Just trying to get an idea on wether or not the #s work out for me.

I figured rougly $3750, maybe 4K in all parts from what I looked up, but I think I can get a more accurate idea from asking you guys on the board.

Whats labor usually run for the install? I know that a little glass work is needed around the helm and I'm guessing some in the rear to fill where my add-on cyl is (I'm going to sell that ad-on to a friend that needs it).
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Registered

Takes about 8 hours or so to do the install, depending on the boat.

Probably something similar to fill the holes from your current ram.

But if you already have the add-on ram in place, why not just do the inside kit and be done with it? It will cost you about $1200-1400 as opposed to the $5 G's you are going to spend to change the whole system...
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Registered

I know that its way cheaper to just use what I've got, but I want twin rams. Marine machine doesn't make the cylinder to match what I have already, so going with all new.