swapping pullys from MR 600 and 700 >

swapping pullys from MR 600 and 700

Notices

swapping pullys from MR 600 and 700

Old 11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts
Default swapping pullys from MR 600 and 700

One of the superchargers on our Donzi (700s) went bad and the new one won't be in in time for our thanksgiving fun run. We have the supercharger pulled but can't get the pully off. What's the best approach to doing so without causing damage? The Mercury Racing pulley does not give you access to the shaft so a conventional puller will not work. Our plan is to pull a charger off our formula (600s) and put it on the donzi so we can run...

Last edited by PremierPOWER; 11-11-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Why not just put bolts in a few threads/ add longer bolts if needed, put a plate across the heads of bolts and push against that with puller ?
Should not take much, ususally they slide off by hand.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dustin Whipple has a spare 600sci supercharger that he can probably get you immediately... It used to be mine...only has about 40 hours on it...and can be bought for a very reasonable cost.

I have changed pulleys several times on my 600sci...you just remove the four bolts off the front of the pulley...and tap it with a rubber mallet...and the pulley comes off very easily.

Dustin is in Florida right now...and I have the supercharger boxed up to ship to him...I traded it out to him for some labor costs... I now run a 4.0.

If you want...you can give me a call.

Chris
206-235-4545

P.S. I also have a spare 700sci pulley you can bolt onto my supercharger