Box anchor issue or not?? >

Box anchor issue or not??

Notices

Box anchor issue or not??

Old 11-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Box anchor issue or not??

Has anyone experienced there box anchor coming unset and ending up on its narrow edge with it's flukes pointing horizontal to the bottom? This condition happened a few times to me last summer. I was in calm protected water about waist deep with maybe a 10-15 mph winds, the bottom was sandy and I had my Fortress FX-11 off the bow and my small box off the stern to keep from swinging. It seemed I might have had to much scope out on the box because when the anchor line would go slack then the stern would swing a little and yank the box from it's set to on it's side. It seemed once I shortened up the scope on the box where the anchor line was taunt all the time it didn't come loose. Does more scope on the box anchors actually hurt them? I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have used this box anchor probably a half dozen other times as a primary anchor with out any problems.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine slipped a few times when I first got it.You have to set them pretty good.Since I started doing that have not had a problem.Going off the stern it would probably be hard to set it right.