meth injection >

meth injection

Notices

meth injection

Old 12-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meth injection

Anyone use it on a boat. Looking at possibly adding it as an extra insurance policy for the Procharger. You can have these systems come on at say 3.5 PSI of boost and help with cooling when running wide open. I know the intention of running Meth allows you to run more boost on less octane but is the reason it wont work at lower boost?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

By no means am I an expert on this, but the problem I see with having it come on so early is the quantity of meth you would need. If the engine is tuned to run the meth at say 3 psi, then if you run out, you will have problems. If you have an engine set up to run 8 psi of boost, then it will hit 3 psi pretty easily, not only at wide open. The few guys I know running it go through it pretty quickly. You will need a pretty big tank to run it that much.
Eddie
Old 12-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kragar
Anyone use it on a boat. Looking at possibly adding it as an extra insurance policy for the Procharger. You can have these systems come on at say 3.5 PSI of boost and help with cooling when running wide open. I know the intention of running Meth allows you to run more boost on less octane but is the reason it wont work at lower boost?

it will work with lower boost as long as she's tuned for it
u can set them to come on at any level of boost but 3.5 is a bit premature .. call rudy at Ice Injection 302-367-4962
Attached Thumbnails meth injection-downloan-pix-7-7-09-mem-stick-007.jpg  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 12-20-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: pic download
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

I just pulled 3.5 PSI as an example. Situation is the procharger is set to run 5 PSI on a stock 502 on premium fuel. The idea of adding meth is to compensate for possible fuel quality, help with detonation and increase cooling and act as an insurance policy to the already set system to run at 5 PSI without having the need of Meth. It may be a case that it comes on prgressive at 4 and full at 5 PSI.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I love the idea of it. Would be nice to set motor up where it can run on pump gas at say 7psi without detonation. Then add the methanol for safety where maybe it comes on at 6psi and above?. I would think just adding methanol to the mix would be worth a few HP from cooling the air charge???? Im sure theres a way to rig up a pressure sensor or something should the pump go out. Similar to a fuel psi sensor or similiar. Tie it into a led light on the dash and a warning buzzer should the methonal system go out. Or maybe IAT gauges?

Maybe use the freshwater tank for methanol? I think my freshwater tank is 20 gallons??
Old 12-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I love the idea of it. Would be nice to set motor up where it can run on pump gas at say 7psi without detonation. Then add the methanol for safety where maybe it comes on at 6psi and above?. I would think just adding methanol to the mix would be worth a few HP from cooling the air charge???? Im sure theres a way to rig up a pressure sensor or something should the pump go out. Similar to a fuel psi sensor or similiar. Tie it into a led light on the dash and a warning buzzer should the methonal system go out. Or maybe IAT gauges?

Maybe use the freshwater tank for methanol? I think my freshwater tank is 20 gallons??
http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=8
Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER

or just spray water from 4 to 7 and meth from 7 +

methanol eats everything , may want to check out that fresh water tank first .... dont want to spring a leak and have it run to the Bilge they say it burns good
Old 12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
or just spray water from 4 to 7 and meth from 7 +

methanol eats everything , may want to check out that fresh water tank first .... dont want to spring a leak and have it run to the Bilge they say it burns good
Guys up here just run windsheild washer fluid in their turbo sleds.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Last edited by GPM; 12-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kragar
Guys up here just run windsheild washer fluid in their turbo sleds.
turbo sleds

dont compare them to a boat motor we spray 1.5 gallons every 2 mins per motor when them Red lites are on and layin into the boost ..good luck

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 12-20-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.