Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
need opinion on gauges-carbon or platnum? >

need opinion on gauges-carbon or platnum?

Notices

need opinion on gauges-carbon or platnum?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default need opinion on gauges-carbon or platnum?

i am trying to put together a set of new gauges. i originally was doing carbon fiber monster livorsi gauges but the gps speedo i got does not work so i am rethinking and i think i am going to go with autometer. they dont have all the options livorsi does with colors but i plan to pull these gauges out for the next boat later on in life and want to be able to buy additional gauges for twins when that time comes so generic is better in this case. i had hooked up the carbon fiber gauge and it seemed almost hard to read the gauge.... so that has me thining that platnum may just be the way to go based on that and also factoring in cost. any opinions or suggestions?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have got a Carbon fiber GPS speedo If you wanted to stay with the carbon fiber theme. It is a 4 5/8 silver mega rim.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking for a set for my Baja for ages, I really like the Autometer stuff, I used it for years in drag/pro street cars, they where great to deal with too. Never had any experience with there marine stuff, but, it seems to be A LOT cheaper than the Livorsi stuff [which is REAL nice too!]

Anyway, if anyone has a set of gauges that will fit a stock baja Dash [3 3/8 tach/speedo] and 2" smaller gauges that are carbon fiber and less than the price of a new house, LOL, let me know, Thanks!

Michael
Old 01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i have great luck with auto meter also. i have a monster recall tach that has been in about 15 cars in the last 15 years or so and though it is singed up some it still works like new.

i am in the same boat, i cant justify 800 bucks on gauges when they are doing nothing more then looking pretty compared to what i have now. mine all work and look nice but i really wanted the monster size and gps is a must at this point so i figured replace them all. i may just do the tach and speedo this year and the rest next year to split the costs up some.