Good blower test results here >

Good blower test results here

Notices

Good blower test results here

Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Good blower test results here

Some interesting reading here. Basically they compare a 177 Weiand blower (525SC blower) vs a 871 on a 489CI.

While the 871 made more power, it also was making more boost (3lbs vs. 4.8 lbs) mainly because the smaller 177 ran out of steam on the 489CI.

They talk about the amount of power it takes to turn the 871 blower, which is quite a bit compared to the smaller blower.

I would have loved to see them compare a 250/256 blower to the 871 on that 489CI. I'll be running the 250 blowers on my 461CI motors this season. I had the 177's. My opinion of the 250 blowers, is its a great matchup for a 454-502CI marine motor. I would bet that the small 250/256 blowers would give the big 871 a run for the money, on what kind of HP gets put to the prop. Of course you can really run more psi out of the larger blower, but im talkin say 6psi to 6psi comparison.

Only reason i am bringing this up is because i have seen so much negativity on the smaller blowers. From creating too much heat, no good for power, so on and so forth. I feel they do have a place, especially on a relativly small CI big block.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...ine/index.html
Old 02-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally I think the small blowers do a great job on less than 500ci engines..I ran one on a 482 and made great power..and I never saw excessive heat many speak of...now I did have a open scoop and that had to help....it was interesting to note that at marine RPM's the 871 was only good for 15-20 hp..

Last edited by ezstriper; 02-10-2011 at 08:04 AM.