Kicker Marine

Notices

Kicker Marine

Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Kicker Marine

Has anyone ran any of there new marine line. I know kicker used to be top of the line back in the day but seems like there stuff isn't what it used to be. Thoughts and experience let's hear it.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OSO member NOISE POLLUTION uses it on his 28' Nordic, blurs my vision. I would use it but I already have a great system.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Registered

I had a lot of problems with there amps going out. All of their amops/speakers are marine rated but I couldnt get one of the new versions to last more than a few weeks. I went to dp drive plat series and and they are amazing. Not marine rated but at this point havent been too imopressed with amps that are "marine products". Now on the other hand I run kicker speakers. Sound good and handle plenty of power. Look at Memphis audio real nice stuff all around.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've always ran kicker,jl,focal, and mb quart in the past in my trucks and haven't really done a sound system in any of my boats in about 8 years. Just thinking about something small couple set of separates and one 10" sub and a 5 channel amp. I just have the option right now to buy anything kicker at cost that's the only reason I'm thinking this or it would be jl most likely.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

have 4 6" in my cruiser and they impressed me.... sounds like i have subs and plays plenty loud.. i would try them..
Old 04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carter38
I've always ran kicker,jl,focal, and mb quart in the past in my trucks and haven't really done a sound system in any of my boats in about 8 years. Just thinking about something small couple set of separates and one 10" sub and a 5 channel amp. I just have the option right now to buy anything kicker at cost that's the only reason I'm thinking this or it would be jl most likely.
I'd be interested in getting in on that deal!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by waterboy222
I'd be interested in getting in on that deal!
The more I order the more I can beat him up on the price.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't used the kicker stuff but have heard good things about it, if I wasn't pretty much sold on the Hifonics amps I'd probably use the Kicker. I've had pretty good size stereo's in boats for quite awhile now (5-9K watts) and the Hifonics are so far the only stuff that has lasted and been able to run 24X7.

I've tried:

JL marine - would overheat and cut out and then after 4 months started blowing channels

Boston Acoustic - GREAT amp with a ton of power but only lasted one season then died completely, I assume from being exposed to the marine environment, it worked at the end of the season and then when I reinstalled at the start of the next nothing, drank a fair amount of power as well

Sony - Don't even get me started, total junk as far as amps go (my experience)

Zapco - Was a great amp but were large and still had issues with it getting hot and cutting off although to be reasonable my expectations are pretty high there and it would probably be a great solution for most but they are pricey

Hifonics - I ended up trying one on a whim because the price was right and never looked back, a ton of power, cheap, never cut off (and I run em hard for hours at a time), and can't seem to kill them. My last set ran for 3 years before someone stole the whole setup. Needless to say Hifonics is what went back in that boat and is what will be going in the new 32 Spectre

Oh BTW this info is regarding amps not speakers or any other audio gear.

Last edited by mlb75; 04-18-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost forgot about Wetsounds, they make some REALLY nice marine stuff. I've heard a lot of good reviews of their amps and have nothing but great things to say about their entire speaker line.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carter38
I just got through installing two 10" Kickers and 4 Infinity Kappas and I'm pushing them with an Alpine PDX-5M 5channel amp. My head unit is a Kenwood KTS-MP400MR with a wired remote I installed on my dash. The receiver is in the cabin so I use the remote to run it from the cockpit. The Kickers are still tight cause I haven't had a chance to run it much, but I (and my buds) were extremly impressed with the sound. The Kappas aren't marine rated, but I got them at a really good price on sonicelectronics along with all the other stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.